From Paris With Love

daisho2004

OK I got to watch this movie last night and I thought it was Off The Hook! Non stop action from Beginning to End! Travolta was Awesome! Definitely a must see movie!

1208008.jpg

Synopsis

A personal aide to the U.S. Ambassador in France, James Reese (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) has an enviable life in Paris and a beautiful French girlfriend, but his real passion is his side job as a low-level operative for the CIA. All James wants is to become a bona fide agent and see some real action. So when he's offered his first senior-level assignment, he can't believe his good luck - until he meets his new partner, special agent Charlie Wax (John Travolta).

A trigger-happy, wisecracking, loose cannon who's been sent to Paris to stop a terrorist attack, Wax leads James on a white-knuckle shooting spree through the Parisian underworld that has James praying for his desk job. But when James discovers he's a target of the same crime ring they're trying to bust, he realizes there's no turning back...and that Wax himself might be his only hope for making it through the next forty-eight hours alive.

Starring John Travolta, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Kasia Smutniak and Richard Durden, 'From Paris With Love' is directed by Pierre Morel ('Taken') and produced by Virginie Besson-Silla.

Here are the Trailers: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/from-paris-with-love/37194/trailers

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dionbrother

Thought it was a blast. Travolta was so good, I forgot he was a gay scientoligist for two hours. Why do the French make better pro-US action movies than the commie libs in Hollywood?

Thought it was a blast. Travolta was so good, I forgot he was a gay scientoligist for two hours. Why do the French make better pro-US action movies than the commie libs in Hollywood?

Travolta is gay? didn't know that.

Drunken Monk

I watched this last week and as I began watching I immediately thought I would hate it. It just seemed stupidly over the top and, well, camp. As soon as I saw John Travolta (playing a character called Charlie Wax of all things) slide down a fireman's poll, upside down, firing two machine guns into the chests of terrorists, I realized that the film was not to be taken seriously at all.

I then realized I enjoyed it. It's ridiculous, silly, badly scripted fun.

Archived