The Monkey King (2014)

DiP

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post-production was delayed because Soi Cheang had to wrap and finish post on another film he worked on around the same time.

lillippa328

I read that wrong at first and was like "Ohhh yea came out yesturday!!!" lol what the hell another year?!

Whats Donnie's next release?

Next release should be Special Identity. Post on that have gone on for two months now so expect a trailer soon.

phoenix_darshan

what shocker, CGI fest and not much clues about money or story line, I hope it covers the same storyline as the animted havoc in heaven animation...

i still have doubts about the cast of donnie yen for this role, he doesnot strike me as a funny character even though i watched a short program on him where he was quite witty..

ill keep an open mind

It's just one of those trailers that features lines or visuals (like the teaser to The Dark Knight) without showing anything from the actual movie. Still waiting for real footage before making a faithful judgment.

although Kevin Ma has confirmed that The Monkey King isn't screening at SIFF, a teaser has been shown to the press, which he says "looks really pretty." expect the teaser online soon, and hopefully we also get one for Special ID finally!

Teaser trailer is here. The CGI ain't impressive (still cheap-looking for HK/Chinese standards) but it looks like Donnie's action choreography will deliver as always.

kRJPit-Txyg

Archived