ID for these Tadashi Yamashita clips?

odioustrident

odioustrident

Could this be the same footage that was used in/made for Sword of Heaven (US title). Never seen that film so I have no idea.

1:52 for this clip.

3:34 for this clip.

4:49 for this clip.

There are more clips, similar to the above, in the rest of these youtube posts by the user YamashitaBudo. Its worth noting that a lot of these documentary snippets have a great demo or two.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Japanese friend recently saw this show i guess it must be this footage, this is what he says about it.

Bronson Lee japanese TV show .

This TV show is helping Bronsons old childfood friend who wants to meet Bronson at Japan.

He is same Okinawan and they were good friend when they were kids and apart for a long long time. So TV man goes to US to find Bronson to ask if you

want to meet your old friend who never meet almost many years!!

And finally Bronson Lee agreed to meet his childfood friend and CAME BACK to japan TV studio!! This is first time for me to see Bronson Lee speaks his japanese on off screen.

Almost 20 minutes TV show and very heart warming.

odioustrident

While we are on the topic; how is Sword of Heaven? I really want to see more of this guy's stuff after the Karate series, and I'm not sure American Ninja will cut it. Is he still in good form around the early 80's?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
While we are on the topic; how is Sword of Heaven? I really want to see more of this guy's stuff after the Karate series, and I'm not sure American Ninja will cut it. Is he still in good form around the early 80's?

He looks great in terms of strength and skill, but SWORD OF HEAVEN is a low budget, hackjob of a movie. Fortunately it fell into the so bad it's good category for me. Though it's senseless, it was still a treat seeing Yamashita-san in action, and there were some good action scenes including a guy who's the best I've ever seen with the ballisong knives. Plus, the "nun scene" is one of the most random, unforgettable things I've seen in an American MA film. :xd: And please- don't anyone spoil this scene by describing it!:crossedlips:

Archived