Goriest SB martial arts films?

OldPangYau

Just curious, does anyone have their own personal lists of goriest strictly marial arts films? In other words, non-horror-related.

Five Element Ninjas is an obvious choice (nothing worse than tripping over your large intestine) although more mixed with swordplay. I finally saw Thunderbolt Fist after seeing that "foot-through-the-torso" screencap. I just find the combination of non-horror martial arts and extreme gore to be a surreal combination. King Boxer also had some decent gore as well (two eye gougings, bloody sprays, decapitated head, etc). Any others you can think of?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Seeding of a Ghost has to be up there for the pregnancy scene alone. Not a martial arts movie though.

Also-

Ten Tigers from Kwangtung- amazing beheading at the end

All Men are Brothers- blood drenched thrilling movie, but tries for too much I think with arm getting sliced off at the end

Secret Service of the Imperial Court- lots of crazy violence here

Legendary Weapons of China- guy ripping off his own nuts

Two Champions of Shaolin- more nuts getting ripped off

Seeding of a Ghost has to be up there for the pregnancy scene alone. Not a martial arts movie though.

Also-

Ten Tigers from Kwangtung- amazing beheading at the end

All Men are Brothers- blood drenched thrilling movie, but tries for too much I think with arm getting sliced off at the end

Secret Service of the Imperial Court- lots of crazy violence here

Legendary Weapons of China- guy ripping off his own nuts

Two Champions of Shaolin- more nuts getting ripped off

I forgot about the end of TTFK! Might have to check out the others now. Thanks!

1. The rescue (starring Si Sze and Lo Lieh) - the ending scene where Lo Lieh gets crushed under a heavy door gate with a pool of blood.

2. Flying Guillotine 2 - the lengthy ending fight had a lot of blood in it too.

Vengeance...Amazing bloody ending, Ti Lung's death scene is gruesome too...

Men From The Monastery and Shaolin Martial Arts have very bloody endings..In fact a lot of Chang Cheh stuff come to think of it, he liked his blood!!

Far East Blu Ray Guide

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER! Dentistry via shaolin pole, bamboo skewerings, ect.

EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER! Dentistry via shaolin pole, bamboo skewerings, ect.

Yes! That was the first one that came to my mind, too!. Lau Kar Wing gets sort of killed and held up by bamboo poles. Eerie.

I would have said Eight Diagram Pole Fighter too. Ko Hung (Yeung Yip)'s ending was pretty nasty too. Pretty much every death in the movie is gory in it's own way.

Masked Avengers should make the list. Maybe Kid with the Golden Arm, most Venom Mob flicks really.

Yep - and come to think of it, though that movie seems to elude a lot of "goriest flicks" lists, the finale of Invincible Shaolin is a hell of a bloodbath, too...

odioustrident

Lady Assassin is pretty good in this department. I just had to go back and dig up this post...

I'd never miss an opportunity to post this:

8-Diagram Pole Fighter for sure, the scene where the monks use their poles to "de-fang" the Mongols was sick, in addition to all the other scenes there.

New-One Armed Swordsman and Crippled Avengers also come to mind.

Yep - and come to think of it, though that movie seems to elude a lot of "goriest flicks" lists, the finale of Invincible Shaolin is a hell of a bloodbath, too...

Time to bust out rib spreader :xd:

Fist Of Boss

I`ve not visited 8diagram for long time but I think at least Deadly Duo has more red stuff.Likely some other early 1970`s CC movies too.

I'd never miss an opportunity to post this:

BPoYyynuUS4

Man, that is some wicked ending! Too this day, whenever I see that Ten Tigers clip, I'm reminded why I love Kung Fu movies!

:bigsmile:

Fist Of Boss

Few weird choises there.I suppose some of you are not getting used to see red in kung-fu cinema:tongue:?

Chinese Boxer is gory

Archived