His Name Is Nobody....

lillippa328

lillippa328

and His Movie was Nothing....seriously....what was this movie about? Did LKL wanna pass a message through this movie or somthing? Because I felt this thing was a wreck...boring, terrible comedy, attempt to build the characters...that failed...potential with some of the fights, but then its like..." wait, this isnt kung fu...this is brawling? wait no theyre running...wait,cheating? Is he learning to be a bad guy?...I kno this cant be the "real master" he has yet to meet him in the film..."

then...the final "fight" was a wreck which involved the "villian?", and the 1st master who we havnt seen in the last hour....who was dressed as a girl, and was a failed attempt at comedic brawling.....

Sad movie....i was let down lol what yall think?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

I liked this movie, but I can't say it's great or anything. I give it a rating of 6/10. LKL is not in this one. His bro Lau Kar Wing is the star. I liked a lot of the comedy. Good, but not great. Dean Shek usually annoys me, but he's good here as Lau's con artist/kung fu teacher, at least up to the end where he dresses as a woman. That was hard to watch. Leung Kar Yan and Chung Fa have good roles. Always a great pleasure to see them in action. But Leung Kar Yan gets very little action, even though he has a big role. Compared to most classics of the time there's not much hand to hand exchanges, but the fights are still good, just not nearly as plentiful as I would have liked. I rate this almost even with Odd Couple as a movie, but Odd Couple has waaayy better fights. The ending is really shocking and stupid. Much like The Victim the final scene leaves you saying "what!?".

Also, this thread should be moved to the classic kung fu section.

lillippa328

yea sorry i put it in shaws....

was this directed by LKL? I knew LKW was starring in it, but i got it in that video asia pack and I think it said LKL directed (but i might be mistaking...to lazy to look lol)

Got this on VCD years ago, watched it and all i can remember is that i didn't like it at all, especially the end. i was hoping for a grand finish to make up for the rest of the film but it didn't happen.

lillippa328

yea this movie is shit lol

like i said it was in the video asia pack, but theres some other ok ones on their...ive yet to see Breakout from Oppression or Odd Couple...Fury in the Shaolin Temple was good tho

Awful movie. Bought the Mei Ah disc. Only paid something like $7 for it and wished I'd spent it on something else. Totally wasn't what I was expecting.

Archived