I just HAD to buy this...

ThunderScore

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

Is it any good?

One of the songs I believe was used as the theme for 'Into the Sun'. Sounded pretty good to me...

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Yeah, let's here your thoughts on it. I've been impressed by his music before, but never heard a whole CD. Friends saw him in play live though, and said he was awesome.

ThunderScore
Yeah, let's here your thoughts on it. I've been impressed by his music before, but never heard a whole CD. Friends saw him in play live though, and said he was awesome.

Only listened to a few tracks so far. It was released in 2007. What little I heard sounds kinda like Eric Clapton. It's certainly well produced. Never even knew he had any musical ability - Stevie Wonder has a harmonica solo on one track. When I hear more I'll let you know...

Here's the track list, Markgway:

1. Girl It's Alright

2. Don't You Cry

3. Music

4. Better Man

5. Route 23

6. My God (Stevie Wonder solo)

7. Lollypop

8. Not For Sale

9. Dance

10. Jealousy

11. War

12. Strut

13. Goree

14. The Light

Written and produced by Steven Seagal except #1, #2, #4 produced by Ric Wake.

I've read his music is his best work :tongue: If anything, supposedly it's what he shows the most passion for. I remember reading a Washington Post article in which it said he would sign autographs, kidna half-assing any comments about movies, but once music was brought up, he would light up. Guess this only backs it up.

Why couldn't he have instead done a show called "Steven Seagal: Guitar Hero" :smile:

I LOVE this album. 'Girl it's Alright', 'Better Man' and 'Goree' are my favourite songs. I liked this much more than his second album, which went really blues-heavy and less pop-oriented. Shame the music video to 'Girl it's Alright' didn't feature Seagal beating anyone up though...

Archived