Secret Ninja, Roaring Tiger

fiol

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

It's a good laff. Kim Si Hyeon is a quality director, but it's hard to know how much the western releases were mashed up. If you liked Dragon and Hwang's other efforts of the time, such as Martial Monks Of Shaolin Temple or 5 Pattern Dragon Claws it's worth picking up!

I don't believe Eagle Han is in it though! :cry:

It's a good laff. Kim Si Hyeon is a quality director, but it's hard to know how much the western releases were mashed up. If you liked Dragon and Hwang's other efforts of the time, such as Martial Monks Of Shaolin Temple or 5 Pattern Dragon Claws it's worth picking up!

I don't believe Eagle Han is in it though! :cry:

he is listed as action director

thx for the trailer ^_^

Morgoth Bauglir

I haven't seen this in awhile, but I think in the final fight it rips off Ninja in the Dragon's Den a bit. I remember not liking the movie much, but I was glad I stuck around to the final fight. Some good action there.

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee
He [Eagle Han Ying] is listed as action director

Ah yes, he is on hkcinemagic but nowhere else, such as the kmdb. I wonder how reliable this is...

I haven't seen this in awhile, but I think in the final fight it rips off Ninja in the Dragon's Den a bit. I remember not liking the movie much, but I was glad I stuck around to the final fight. Some good action there.

ok thx.. now i think what to do ^_^

Ah yes, he is on hkcinemagic but nowhere else, such as the kmdb. I wonder how reliable this is...

ah well, i only checked on hkcinemagic, maybe they are wrong xD

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

Are you based in the US? There is a UK version available which can be found very cheap round these parts and has the added benefit of Dragon Lee on the cover rather than Chang Yi in Shaolin Invincible Sticks!!

Are you based in the US? There is a UK version available which can be found very cheap round these parts and has the added benefit of Dragon Lee on the cover rather than Chang Yi in Shaolin Invincible Sticks!!

unfortunately i'm from Italy :sad:

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee
unfortunately i'm from Italy :sad:

Nothing to be sad about, I'd rather be there than here! Perhaps ebay can help with this, although there are plenty of cool Korean actioners that would come before this, like Shaolin: The Blood Mission!

Nothing to be sad about, I'd rather be there than here! Perhaps ebay can help with this, although there are plenty of cool Korean actioners that would come before this, like Shaolin: The Blood Mission!

i would have prefered to live in HK but italy is enough (although u cant find anything about kung fu movies) eheh

Shaolin: The blood mission is out on dvd or vcd?

Morgoth Bauglir

Shaolin Blood Mission is awesome! One of Hwang Jang Lee's best movies. I have the Videoasia version which has pretty good quality, for Videoasia at least ( i watch this disc all the time and have had it for about 5 years, so I can guarantee it won't stop working, unlike a few of the Videoasia DVDs I've bought). Comes with a really crappy but watchable version of Shaolin Temple Strikes Back (a movie that is equal to or even better than Shaolin Blood Mission!!).

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.534392/qx/details.htm

Shaolin Blood Mission is awesome! One of Hwang Jang Lee's best movies. I have the Videoasia version which has pretty good quality, for Videoasia at least ( i watch this disc all the time and have had it for about 5 years, so I can guarantee it won't stop working, unlike a few of the Videoasia DVDs I've bought). Comes with a really crappy but watchable version of Shaolin Temple Strikes Back (a movie that is equal to or even better than Shaolin Blood Mission!!).

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.534392/qx/details.htm

argh it's oop there.. i check amazon.com if i can find some stock in the marketplace

thx guys!

EDIT:

how good is this version?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shaolin-Blood-Mission-Jeong-li-Hwang/dp/B00006JI19/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1268814386&sr=1-1

thundered mantis

Fiol, the french version is available through most online stores is widescreen, so for me that´s the one to go!

yes i saw that but the shipping to italy kills any deal :xd:

Fiol, the french version is available through most online stores is widescreen, so for me that´s the one to go!

does it have the original soundtrack? and the price? i cant find it on amazon.fr, which is the title in french? ^^

the uk dvd release seems to have the korean language and it's really cheap..

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee
does it have the original soundtrack? and the price? i cant find it on amazon.fr, which is the title in french? ^^

the uk dvd release seems to have the korean language and it's really cheap..

The UK release is fullscreen dub. It's fine, acceptable, what you might expect from Vengeance Video. The UK Hong Kong Connection dvds are available on ebay and should really be bought for £1 or £2, I think £12.99 on Amazon is over-paying!

IFD and Asso Asia were the ones that distributed these films in the west and they always came with a dub, so its very rare to see a release with original language.

Perhaps the French DVD is sourced from another print, as it's widescreen. What are the language options?

The UK release is fullscreen dub. It's fine, acceptable, what you might expect from Vengeance Video. The UK Hong Kong Connection dvds are available on ebay and should really be bought for £1 or £2, I think £12.99 on Amazon is over-paying!

IFD and Asso Asia were the ones that distributed these films in the west and they always came with a dub, so its very rare to see a release with original language.

Perhaps the French DVD is sourced from another print, as it's widescreen. What are the language options?

i dont know about the French release since i cant find it :wink:

so the Uk rls doesnt carry the Korean language? :( damn amazons descriptions... i can get it for 0.82£+shipping, which is really cheap.

But i dont know if it's uncut or not (it runs 85min like the US rls)..

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

^^ Hopefully Thundered Mantis can elaborate on the language of the French release.

I don't trust amazons descriptions at all! I don't know if it's cut but it's likely the exact same print as the US release. 82p is pretty cheap, I'd get it unless the French dvd is reasonable. Just browsing amazon, perhaps another cheap one to consider, quality stuff this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Double-Dragon-Last-Duel-DVD/dp/B000066NV9/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1268837792&sr=1-30

thundered mantis

Sorry for being late guys!

French title is: "Shaolin, la mission sanglante" Here is info on the movie by hkcinemagic:

Shaolin Blood Mission

But I´m afraid I was wrong with it being edited on dvd on france. I had a DVDR and I thought the source was the french dvd, but I have just checked, and the source is the old french tape. Here´s a link you can see the cover (scroll down quite a bit, some nice scans there):

Nanarland scans

Audio is only french, and length is roughly 85 min. I put a screencap I made of the french video version

pdvd003w.th.jpg

I made a search on the usual french online retailers and it seems this one hasn´t still been edited on dvd on france. Still, to amend my mistake, here is the link to a page (it´s similar to ebay, I´ve bought a couple of times there, and always perfect transactions) where they sell 3 VHS (I suspect they are SECAM tapes, be careful):

http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/2708198/Shaolin-La-Mission-Sanglante-VHS.html

Again, sorry to mislead you guys

Sorry for being late guys!

French title is: "Shaolin, la mission sanglante" Here is info on the movie by hkcinemagic:

Shaolin Blood Mission

But I´m afraid I was wrong with it being edited on dvd on france. I had a DVDR and I thought the source was the french dvd, but I have just checked, and the source is the old french tape. Here´s a link you can see the cover (scroll down quite a bit, some nice scans there):

Nanarland scans

Audio is only french, and length is roughly 85 min. I put a screencap I made of the french video version

pdvd003w.th.jpg

I made a search on the usual french online retailers and it seems this one hasn´t still been edited on dvd on france. Still, to amend my mistake, here is the link to a page (it´s similar to ebay, I´ve bought a couple of times there, and always perfect transactions) where they sell 3 VHS (I suspect they are SECAM tapes, be careful):

http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/2708198/Shaolin-La-Mission-Sanglante-VHS.html

Again, sorry to mislead you guys

u destroyed my dream..shame on you :tinysmile_angry2_t: ahaha i'm just kidding :xd:

thx for the info, i think i will go for the cheap uk edition (although i dont like dubbed stuff) :bigsmile:

Morgoth Bauglir

Is shipping realy that much to Italy? I've never had to ship anything overseas. I'd advise getting the Videoasia verison since it's partly wide. About 16:9 (though I'd really like to see that fully wide version that thundered has). I saw a copy at one of my local CD tradeposts about a month ago. I can go get it for you tomorrow or Friday if you want to do a trade. But if it's going to cost me and you an arm and leg to ship stuff to eachother, than maybe that's not a good idea... Let me know if you want me to check for it at the store. I'll be going there anyway.

Is shipping realy that much to Italy? I've never had to ship anything overseas. I'd advise getting the Videoasia verison since it's partly wide. About 16:9 (though I'd really like to see that fully wide version that thundered has). I saw a copy at one of my local CD tradeposts about a month ago. I can go get it for you tomorrow or Friday if you want to do a trade. But if it's going to cost me and you an arm and leg to ship stuff to eachother, than maybe that's not a good idea... Let me know if you want me to check for it at the store. I'll be going there anyway.

the shipping from the US is more or less 8$ a bit too much for me right now ... the uk vers. should be 2£ shipped so it's more convenient for at the moment ^_^

thx for the suggestion and for ur help :)

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

Nice one my kung fu brethren. This one deserves a treatment at some point, if there is an og language version going around it should be subbed and dubbed on the wide french print!

Archived