Alice In Wonderland?

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

My wife and our two older children are going to see this today. I'm gonna check it out if it sounds like it's well done. Anyone seen this yet?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarDreamCan

I was kind of let down. I prefer the disney animated version better. While this film had nice visuals it lacked heart. It felt like it was just playing to get through an unneeded tale. I loved seeing Crispin Glover on screen and there were small moments here and there and the overall film was entertaining but very very forgettable. In fact once I left the theatre it was over for me for good. When you imagine Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland (I for one expect alot more... then again, this isnt Terry Gilliams Alice in Wonderland and Burton has had some missfires in my book so well, I cant blame anything but my expectations and dwindeling thoughts.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Just saw this last weekend. I appropriately conditioned my mind for this veiwing as well :angel: Why must Johnny Depp look so similiar to all his other roles in Tim Burton's films? Laziness? I was a bit disappointed. The Caterpillar wasn't done very well, IMO. Also, the Red Queen was a bit to turse with her delivery rendering it abrupt and ineffectual. Tim Burton seems to be just pushing films out as quickly as he can with no more regard to invention. Johnny Depp wasn't 'mad' enough in his role as Mad Hatter either.

Archived