Bruce Lee Transfer Classic boxset

BlurayStation3

BlurayStation3

This is a region 0 NTSC boxset released by Zoke Culture. Comes in a hard case with nice gold lettering and a magnetic door flap.

82105927.jpg

The inside is pretty bland as with other Zoke releases. You get five discs held in three individual sleeves cushioned by two foam pieces.

92587692.jpg

It's a compilation of their 2008 individual releases.

83197508.jpg

They're the same as my region 1 Ultimate Collection boxset and disc-1 of the EtD 2-disc Special Edition but with Cantonese 5.1 DTS/Cantonese 5.1 Dolby/Mandarin 2.0 Dolby for BB/FoF/WotD and English 5.1 DTS/English 5.1 Dolby/Cantonese 2.0 Dolby/Mandarin 2.0 Dolby for GoD/EtD. One MAJOR problem with the English 5.1 DTS in EtD is that it's completely out of sync (like 10-15 seconds) so that track is useless. There are multiple subtitle languages (English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese). Also, the animation and music on the menus are different than on my region 1 Ultimate Collection. EtD doesn't have any music on the menu. There is an option for English or Chinese for the menus. The Mandarin tracks (and Cantonese track for EtD/GoD) aren't selectable on the menu and you have to press the audio button on your remote when the movie is playing to access them.

The discs are identical to the individual releases. They didn't even bother to fix the "All Eights Reserved".

53299091.jpg

For people in the US without region-free players, it is the cheapest way to get these movies with the picture quality of Ultimate Collection and the Cantonese 5.1 DTS/Cantonese 5.1 Dolby/Mandarin 2.0 Dolby soundtracks for BB/FoF/WotD (English 5.1 DTS/English 5.1 Dolby/Cantonese 2.0 Dolby/Mandarin 2.0 Dolby for EtD/GoD).

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are they boots? I thought Zoke were bootleggers?

They're not. When they released products they've licensed from other companies they just tend to use their artwork and menus etc. There are some differences though, the Shaw films they released are basically ports of the IVL releases but with simplified Chinese subs insteaf of traditional.

BlurayStation3
Are they boots? I thought Zoke were bootleggers?

I also thought they were bootlegs when I got my first Zoke dvd, but they're legit. They have to keep production costs down to compete with the bootleggers, so that's why their quality of packaging is poor.

Here's their website: http://www.zokegd.com/

cut

oh so the inside is like that! i was going to buy it since the price in mainland china was cheap as hell, but since i already have all the movies, i skipped it.

Zoke is a legit distributor, for this "remastered" releases, the source is always FS (HK or Korean). For others "remastered" the source is from Mei Ah (for ex. Swordsman 2,3, Green Snake) or from japan (ex. Hail the judge, Flirting Scholar) but at cheap price :D

I just recieved my Zoke release of Way of the Dragon..

Picture quality is good except there are strobing lines going across from time to time and the colour goes a bit pink at one point in the Colleseusm scene..however the biggest misnomer is the Mandarin 2.0 track. If that's an original soundtrack I'll eat my hat! There are lots of added (and loud!) sound effects such as 'outside' ambient noise, doors being closed, ramped up fighting effects etc. I've seen the original mandarin print back in 1979 and have a Taiwanese vhs to compare and it's quite different. I only got the disc for the original track:(

So, it maybe Mandarin but deffo not original.

Oh, also the vocals from Lee and Norris (grunts and shouts) are completely missing during the fight!!

Picture quality is good except there are strobing lines going across from time to time and the colour goes a bit pink at one point in the Colleseusm scene..however the biggest misnomer is the Mandarin 2.0 track. If that's an original soundtrack I'll eat my hat! There are lots of added (and loud!) sound effects such as 'outside' ambient noise, doors being closed, ramped up fighting effects etc. I've seen the original mandarin print back in 1979 and have a Taiwanese vhs to compare and it's quite different. I only got the disc for the original track:(

Oh, also the vocals from Lee and Norris (grunts and shouts) are completely missing during the fight!!

which version did u buy?

... Oh, also the vocals from Lee and Norris (grunts and shouts) are completely missing during the fight!!

Man, what a hack job!

:squigglemouth:

Man, what a hack job!

:squigglemouth:

Yeah, it's back to my trusty HKL Platinum edition...still the best version out there as every company seems to get something wrong. All they have to do (hah! Lol!) is do a HD transfer with the ORIGINAL mono tracks in both mandarin and english and I'd be happy!

Archived