Film ID for a newbie

Guest ima_pseudonym

Guest ima_pseudonym

Cool forum!

I have been trying for a while to id a film I saw as a kid on kung fu theater, and have tried browsing and searching the forum but no luck so far.

What little I can remember is that the hero is "trained", without realizing it, by doing various tasks around the temple (sounds familiar, right). One of them invovles repeatedly dropping a rock down a well and catching the water that splashes up. The main task is to build/fix the bamboo structures of the buildings, climbing in scaffolding and getting very good at using reeds or vines or whatever to lash the bamboo poles together. There is definitely only one hero so it isn't Marco Polo which based on my browsing seems to be a common answer.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

This is Return to the 36th Chamber. You are in luck, it just got released by Dragon Dynasty, so you can go to Best Buy or Walmart or pretty much any other store and get it right now!:smile:

Guest ima_pseudonym

That is definitely it. Since it seems to be part of a trilogy, I should have a couple evenings entertainment all set.

Thanks

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah you are in for a treat with these 3 movies. You will laugh, you will cry, you may even die. So be careful, and enjoy.

Archived