Thoroughly confused about Legend of Condor Heroes

arromdee

I just watched the Brave Archer and am considering watching one of the TV series based around this novel. The problem is that I am completely confused. Even only considering adaptations of the first novel, amazon.com has three separate TV series called Condor Hero or Legend of Condor Heroes, one animated. I have no idea

-- which of these is which series, since Amazon has a tendency to get dates and cast lists wrong when things have similar-sounding titles

-- which of these would be the best to watch

-- which of these adapt the whole thing and which cut off in the middle, if any

-- if there are any other adaptations that exist in English that are not on Amazon

Edit:Also, what's the original language of the animated one?Is it Japanese or Chinese?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This series has be made & re-made several times. There's an entry on wikipidia that should help. Start with the early 80's ones first.

I have just finished the one from the 2008, I found it a lttle bit long, the main characters are all nice, the actions are not so good and not so many, especially the beggar "leader" who is one of the 5 most famous martial artists in the story, the hero is a little "dull" to me but this is part of the story so . . . worth looking anyway :smile:

I'm watching the 2008 series ( I think it's called "Eagle Shooting Heroes) now and like it a lot. There is good chemistry between Guo Jing and Rong-er.

The other version I like a lot is the 1983(?) version, the first one I saw. The follow up, "Return of the Condor Heroes" with Andy Lau is pretty good too. It continues the story from Legend of the Condor Heroes.

I never read the novels so I can't say which is more "complete". Both the 2008 series and the 1983 series deliver a satisfying story.

OpiumKungFuCracker

The 80s series is a damn classic with one of the best themed openings to a show ever!!!!

For some reason nobody has uploaded just the theme music for this show, so just watch like the first 3 mins only unless you want to watch a whole episdoe for 40 mins...

O1ntEomi1o0

Also check out this theme music from Return Of The Condor Heroes, this one is great too!!!

Esd25rvj7uE

I'm just about to start that 1983 Legend of Condor Heroes series, quite excited. :nerd:

Back to the 1976 one though, that's got quite a cast of actors & actresses:

Jason Pai as Kwok Ching

Michelle Yim as Wong Yung

Bruce Leung as Yeung Hong

Kitty Meng Chui as Muk Nim-chi

Michael Chan as Wong Yeuk-see

Yeung Chak-lam as Au-yeung Fung

Cheng Lui as Yuen-ngan Hung-lit

Tong Kam-tong as Ma Yuk

Kenneth Tsang as Kwok Siu-tin

not too shabby

Archived