Hong Kong Godfather English dubb

bangalungbob

bangalungbob

Dear friends,

Does anyone know if the English dubb in the Funimation release of Hong Kong Godfather the original English dubb, or a new dubb?

I'd also like to know if anyone has the movie for trade, because I don't have enough federal reserve wallpaper strips to buy one.

Thanks!

Bungabob

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You shouldn't be asking to trade a brand new release. If everything is traded, the company won't make a profit and no more releases. Do you want to be responsible for that?

Morgoth Bauglir

bangalungbob I don't see you on the forum too often, but I'm guessing you have some rare to trade? If so I'll pick you up a copy when it comes out and we'll do a trade. shit I may pick up 3 copies I'm so excited for this release.

bangalungbob

BoyKaley, I don't have a credit card to buy this movie, nor do I have the $17.00 in Federal reserve toilet paper they are asking, that's too much money for a movie, that's a pocket rape, which means I am not going to put up with a ripp off company like that, and can care less if they make a profit or not. Most people won't be able to afford $17.00 a movie anyway, so if they want to continue making new releases, they better respectfully lower their price to get people's respect and money, or to hell with them like the rest of the rape arist labels that came and went because of their ignorence and greed. That pocket era is done, we need more sincere labels and then they'll get their business, common sense is the best policy, but the pigs that run the show don't care about that and don't wanna know.

Morgoth, good man, I have some things you might be interested in, I'll send you my list and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks.

BungaBob

so how about someone answering the original question. is this an original dub ? this movie is often on the lost dub list.:tongue:

Morgoth Bauglir

Well unless somebody from Funimation comes on here and tells us, I don't think anybody knows if there will be an English dub. hkflix lists 14 Amazons and Shaolin Handlock having dubs, but not HK Godfather. But since the release is a month and a half away from now, the status could change. I have hope that there will be a dub, but until it gets released, it's hard to say. Probably best to contact Funimation if it's really bugging you.

Morgoth Bauglir

Wrong HAZ. It needs to be in English.

:tongue:

Yeah lets hope it’s in Cantonese and we don’t have to deal with that Image Entertaiment BS. Hopefully Funimation knows what they are doing.

BTW, the only language track hkflix lists is Canto. And on Shaolin Handlock and 14 Amazons they list Mandarin, so it seems to be good info.

Kung Foolery
BoyKaley, I don't have a credit card to buy this movie, nor do I have the $17.00 in Federal reserve toilet paper they are asking, that's too much money for a movie, that's a pocket rape, which means I am not going to put up with a ripp off company like that, and can care less if they make a profit or not. Most people won't be able to afford $17.00 a movie anyway, so if they want to continue making new releases, they better respectfully lower their price to get people's respect and money, or to hell with them like the rest of the rape arist labels that came and went because of their ignorence and greed. That pocket era is done, we need more sincere labels and then they'll get their business, common sense is the best policy, but the pigs that run the show don't care about that and don't wanna know.

BungaBob

More of this, please.

Well, there is a print of this in Cantonese. The bootleg VHS rip is Mandarin. For the sake of being complete they should have both.

Hopefully, it's in cantonese.

It should be, when I did get a chance to talk to their PR people they did mention Cantonese.

Morgoth Bauglir

gfanikf, did they happen to mention if there will be an English dub? I just noticed that Amazon and the funimation site have a dub listed, but hkflix, the site I was checking, doesn't have a dub listed.

Sorry I didn't notice this before I made my prior posts:redface:

If it's a new dub, and not an oldschool one, I'd tell them not even to waste their time with it. But maybe others wouldn't mind a new dub...

oh sorry guys I just got word from a bro at funimation and this movie isn't coming out anymore cause you guys are all idiots. how dare you break bbh on shaw bros. :wink:

BoyKaley, I don't have a credit card to buy this movie, nor do I have the $17.00 in Federal reserve toilet paper they are asking, that's too much money for a movie, that's a pocket rape, which means I am not going to put up with a ripp off company like that, and can care less if they make a profit or not. Most people won't be able to afford $17.00 a movie anyway, so if they want to continue making new releases, they better respectfully lower their price to get people's respect and money, or to hell with them like the rest of the rape arist labels that came and went because of their ignorence and greed. That pocket era is done, we need more sincere labels and then they'll get their business, common sense is the best policy, but the pigs that run the show don't care about that and don't wanna knowBungaBob

Well mate, thanks to atitudes like that the kung fu dvd releases have almost stopped. So you'd be happy for no more new releases, just as long as you can get your movie for free? Would you do a week's work and be happy for your boss to say: "sorry, your wages are too high, I'm not paying you" If the dvd industry wasn't crippled by piracy, we wouldn't have movies like Massacre Survivor being sold for £2000!!! I find your atitude both depressing and selfish.

Morgoth Bauglir

I will GLADLY watch it dubbed, as long as it's not a new dub made for this release. Not saying I won't give a new dub a try (meaning I'll give it about 5 miuntes before I turn it to the original language), but I haven't heard a good new dub in a very long time.

gfanikf, did they happen to mention if there will be an English dub? I just noticed that Amazon and the funimation site have a dub listed, but hkflix, the site I was checking, doesn't have a dub listed.

Not that I know off. I think they only had Cantonese listed.

Archived