3 confirmed future Dragon Dynasty blu-rays

OldPangYau

While The Protector and Seven Swords were initially listed, Dragon Dynasty more or less said don't trust any release dates until they are officially announced. Well, these two AND Fist of Legend were announced for blu-ray on Amazon, complete with cover art. Funny thing is, the blu-ray covers for The Protector and Seven Swords aren't too far from my own mock-ups:

My cover for The Protector:

ProtectorFakeBRCover.jpg

Their cover for The Protector:

ProtectorRealBRCover.jpg

My cover for Seven Swords:

SevenSwordsFakeBRCover.jpg

Their cover for Seven Swords:

SevenSwordsRealBRCover.jpg

I ended up putting a "4" on the spine of my custom cover, thinking it would be the fourth blu-ray. But then Fist of Legend fineagled its way in between The Protector and Seven Swords. Here's the cover art for that as well:

FistofLegendBR.jpg

After seeing how 36th Chamber turned out, and with The Killer still being a giant "?" (the "mistake" of saying they're using a PAL master and using a PAL-sourced HKL trailer for the movie in front of Return to the 36th Chamber don't make me feel great), it's hard to be excited for any of these. But, couldn't hurt to show the covers, I suppose. At least Fist of Legend is a step up from the generic silver background from the DVD cover. The font looks a tad "classier" as well.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think they will fix the subtitles for Fist of Legend? And the opening and ending as well please.

And wasn't there a problem with the soundtrack where they should have spoken Japanese but did not? Instead it was Cantonese.

Don't forget Fist Of Legend and Kill Zone (SPL) are released in the UK too, lets hope the quality is good. Strange how Kill Zone isnt slated for a US release but the UK ones maybe region free.

KILL ZONE BLU RAY

Of these DD Blu-ray releases the one I'd be most likely to buy would be SPL... and that apparently isn't coming out in this country. If the issues with FOL are fixed I'll definitely get that... but that seems unlikely.

Yeah, from what I gather, DD is pretty much running on empty finacially so I'd be really surprised if they went back and did new subtitles for FoL.

I agree that they're going to be straight ports of the dvd versions. The only thing that would change that is if Vivendi decided otherwise but seemingly it has not.

Archived