Rate Jackie's movies of the last decade from Best to Worst

vbs85

No matter what, Rob-B-Hood should be at the bottom of any Jackie Chan list, whether of the last decade or of his entire career. As Mark Pollard said,

"I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Jackie Chan needs to start acting his age if he doesn’t want to end up laughed at. As an action star, he should be remembered for work like POLICE STORY and DRUNKEN MASTER 2, not ROB-B-HOOD. Yet he seems determined to reinvent himself as a has-been. If he keeps this up, he’ll succeed."

Amen.

I saw Rob-B-Hood the other day and could not believe how bad it was. I thought Jackie was funding his Hong Kong films by doing Hollywood movies. If that is the case he should retire now. To be fair the last couple of Hollywood films I have seen of him, the Forbidden Kingdom and karate Kid, have been far more entertaining. Still being a Hong Kong production I thought it might be quite entertaining, how wrong I was.

I definitely agree with the quote above Jackie needs to play roles his own age and step back from the spotlight. Let somebody else shine his time is long gone. At some point I'm going to watch "the myth" since I bought the DVD and if it's as bad as Rob-B-Hood I think I'm done with Jackie Chan. It's been so long since I looked forward to one of his new films he's tarnishing his own reputation. When I think of Jackie Chan I want to remember the fantastic entertainment value he's given us over the years not the old has been he's become. For me I would prefer him to take small supporting roles in the next generation of martial-arts stars movies.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see how anybody could think Shanghai Knights was a better movie than Forbidden Kingdom. That movie was terrible and a disgrace to Shanghai Noon.

I can't see how anybody could think Shanghai Knights was a better movie than Forbidden Kingdom. That movie was terrible and a disgrace to Shanghai Noon.

I couldn't agree with you more Shanghai Knights was absolute rubbish but what I find unbelievable is that Jackie's films are still financially successful.

I actually think Shaghai Knights is great compared to Shanghai Noon.

Archived