Got a gift of 6 Shaw's today.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I got a gift from a buddy today of 6 never seen by me Shaw's today.

COWARD BASTARD

THE BLACK TAVERN

RAPE OF THE SWORD

THE SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN

THE DEADLY KNIVES

& THE SWIFT KNIGHT.

What do all think of these titles?

I can't wait to dive in.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Black Tavern - is one of my most revisited Shaws flicks. Lots of colourful characters in this one. Ku Feng is absolutely ruthless in this film. Kang Hua is great here too. The fight choreographing is crisp, tight, and superbly edited. The singing in the begining is important too the storyline, which though is flawed, I guess is tolerable.

Rape Of The Sword - Chiao Chuang is the lead here. He is like a Yueh Hua lead in my opinion. Great, great actor right there. Excellent film.

The Sentimental Swordsman and The Deadly Knives are awesome films as well. Black Tavern is just rip roaring with attitude. A must see Ku Feng vehicle.

The Black Tavern is a great movie and The Sentimental Swordsman is very good as well. They're both superior wu xia.

I've got Rape of Sword (somewhere), but haven't watched it yet. It's an early Shaw wu xia, 1967, so the sword play won't necessarily be as flashy as what you might expect.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Thanks for the tips on this selection.

Coward Bastard appears to be a straight out wacky comedy with great fighting no doubt.

GD Y-Y

Archived