The Human Target

dionbrother

dionbrother

Anybody else checking this show out? I watched the marathon on FX and was stunned by the creative fight scenes . I'd say it's the best hand-to-hand combat on tv since the first season of MARTIAL LAW. It's a fun espionage series as well, with a likeable cast and is based on a DC comic I've never read.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good show indeed. I have missed the last few but I agree the fight scenes totally caught me off guard and I like the characters!!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Gorhama recommended this to me, and I really enjoy it. I've only seen a few so far, but I saw some impressive hand-to-hand and knife combat. They're on "On Demand" so I'll be watching more soon.

The Human Target? Wow. There is a movie called The Human Bullet, “Nikudan” 肉弾 (1968) released by Geneon (R2J),

i have it custom subtitled somewhere,...

I think the Human Target fight scenes are pretty good. Next weeks episode has him fighting in a NHB tournament.

Ive watched this show from the start and I love it! The only part I dislike is some of fight scenes, there too heavily cut and they get me dizzy haha But I love the characters and the whole plot. The Series Finale looks good too! Christopher Chance is a bad ass, and in real life the main actor Mark Valley was in the military and I'm assuming learned some type of fighting. I hope the have a season two, cause I think tv deserves more shows like that.

- Goldenfist

Ive watched this show from the start and I love it! The only part I dislike is some of fight scenes, there too heavily cut and they get me dizzy haha But I love the characters and the whole plot. The Series Finale looks good too! Christopher Chance is a bad ass, and in real life the main actor Mark Valley was in the military and I'm assuming learned some type of fighting. I hope the have a season two, cause I think tv deserves more shows like that.

- Goldenfist

There will be a season 2. Fox renewed the series last week.

Jesse Smooth

Rick Springfield did the same series back in the early '90s on ABC, but didn't make it past three episodes.

BTW, the best series on American TV right now and since Martial Law, the best choreography in American Movies/TV period.

Sad news....FOX has cancelled the series along with four other shows.

ShaOW!linDude

It is almost exactly a year to the date between AV's post about the renewal for a 2nd season and the show's axing.

Never watched this. It just never sounded interesting to me. Guess I missed out based on Jesse Smooth's post.

It is almost exactly a year to the date between AV's post about the renewal for a 2nd season and the show's axing.

Never watched this. It just never sounded interesting to me. Guess I missed out based on Jesse Smooth's post.

suxx to find out its not gonna return. its a decent show with s/t i`d describe as "a positively campy 90s vibe".

action sequences were indeed top notch for a tv production, WAY above par in some episodes, getting a bit tired in only a minority of instances.

mash the best in energy, spirit, pace and concept of the likes of the a-team, mac gyver, viper, mission impossible, martial law.... together and u got yourselves a fun show by the name of human target.

likable cast too. okay chemistry between the lot of em. writing wasnt too shabby either. some fun dialogues and one liners.

worth purchasing on dvd or at least tracking em down on the internet.

David Rees

Real bummer, it was a great show....i hear Lie To Me has been cancelled also....damn..:tinysmile_angry2_t:

AndyWayne84

Ashamed though i liked Human Target. I can't say i'm surprised that it's getting the Axed this is a bad year for telivision with show'sgetting axed or ending, honestly this happen's all the time when i like a show people just axe it and leave crappy show's like Smallville on for so long for ten years grrrr.:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Archived