ENTER THE DRAGON/BLOOD AND STEEL Script

Karlos

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't put it past him!!

I've just spotted a copy on eBay but it's a little pricey.

What I forgot to ask before was, if there's more than one draft out there, as well!

Thanks for the info, WigSplitta!!

Yeah, that's a little on the steep side - I guess they're just thinking, hey, Bruce Lee fans will pay anything!!

:xd:

dionbrother

I've read it. Lee had most of Roper's dialogue with Han, and Han was a hell of a lot more formidable in the script. In fact, he was more like Yuen Hwa's character in EASTERN CONDORS. There was also some more obvious racism on the writer's part, but a little less James Bond ripoff material.

There, I saved you some money.

sifu iron perm
I've read it. Lee had most of Roper's dialogue with Han, and Han was a hell of a lot more formidable in the script. In fact, he was more like Yuen Hwa's character in EASTERN CONDORS. There was also some more obvious racism on the writer's part, but a little less James Bond ripoff material.

There, I saved you some money.

Could you elaborate on the racism bits?

dionbrother

There was a white slavery sequence involving prostitutes that was unnecessary. It was never filmed. I couldn't spell it out in detail because I read it ten years ago. But it was like something out of an Ilsa movie and Allin wrote in some blatant race-baiting.

That certainly backs up the story about Allin renaming the Braithwaite character as he wanted to give Bruce a name he'd have trouble with.

That certainly backs up the story about Allin renaming the Braithwaite character as he wanted to give Bruce a name he'd have trouble with.

It also backs up the story of actor Rockne Tarkington walking away from the project at the 11th hour, thus leaving them to scramble and find Jim Kelly as his replacement. Tarkington was like, "This is some racist-bulls#$*!, Mr. Weintraub!"

:nerd:

It also backs up the story of actor Rockne Tarkington walking away from the project at the 11th hour, thus leaving them to scramble and find Jim Kelly as his replacement. Tarkington was like, "This is some racist-bulls#$*!, Mr. Weintraub!"

Whoa! Really? Wow, did not know that! :ooh:

Thanks for the info, Dragon! :smile:

sifu iron perm

Allin also scripted black samson, or was it Truck Turner?

Im eager to get the ETD script!!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Wow, what a different film this would have been with Trkington instead of Kelly! I just watched Tarkington in BLACK SAMSON and he has a great presence on film, looks cool, and is a good actor. But based soley on the action scenes he did in BS, he was game, and went for it full force, but it didn't appear that he had any notable martial arts skills. Of course, as I said, this observation is based solely on one performance, but I doubt he could have played the fight scenes as well as Kelly. I know Ive seen RT in other stuff, but it was long ago!

sifu iron perm

I've always heard that Ron Van Cleef was suppoedly to have played the Williams role, for unfortunate circumstances he injured his leg and had to withdraw from production ..is this bull?

I've always heard that Ron Van Cleef was suppoedly to have played the Williams role, for unfortunate circumstances he injured his leg and had to withdraw from production ..is this bull?

I've never heard that:angel:, however, he did have a relationship with Bruce going back to the 60's, so it's possible he was considered.

dionbrother

I'd always heard it was William Smith and Rockne Tarkington that were lined up to play Roper and Williams.

I'd always heard it was William Smith and Rockne Tarkington that were lined up to play Roper and Williams.

Really? The great William Smith? Wow, that would've been something to see! :tongue:

Shame Tarkington ended up in crap like DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR. :squigglemouth:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

William Smith played the main villain in BLACK SAMSON. That guy was really ripped! I always thought he was great in the Clint Eastwood movie EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE. He would have made a much less dapper, but way more menacing Roper.

William Smith played the main villain in BLACK SAMSON. That guy was really ripped! I always thought he was great in the Clint Eastwood movie EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE. He would have made a much less dapper, but way more menacing Roper.

Wow Roper would have actually been bad ass then!!! :tongue:

sifu iron perm

Its funny yet strange that Roper (saxon) faced two deadly figures with sharp objects for hands!!

mr han and freddy!

Jesse Smooth

I agree with you on Smith as Roper.

dionbrother

Smith was in ANY WHICH WAY YOU CAN, the sequel to EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE. He was also in good with WB, starring in their B pictures as heroes and villains, and almost played Kwai Chang Caine in KUNG FU, going so far as to shoot a test reel with director Jerry London! He worked with Clouse on DARKER THAN AMBER, a movie with an amazing brawl that was the reason Bruce approved of Clouse directing ENTER.

Finally saw the late, great Isaac Hayes' film, TRUCK TURNER last night.

Had no idea this was written by Michael Allin and produced by Heller & Weintraub - in other words, the guys behind ENTER THE DRAGON!

Really enjoyed this, a fun film with an excellent performance from none other than Nichelle "Uhura" Nichols as a truly frightening pimp!

Wish she'd had the chance to bring some of that flavor to her Star Trek role.

"Lt. Uhura, open all hailing frequencies."

"Fuck you, cracker!"

Yeah, that's a show I'd watch every week!! :tongue:

Archived