BRUCEPLOITATION Book Update...

shukocarl

Just want to say have finished it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Some beautiful poster art in there and cheeky comment! :smile:

My only criticism would be that there wasn't enough about Dragon Lee and Bruce Le but I saw that you posted that you really decided where to concentrate early on.

Overall Well worth the buy and would def recommend!

Now I'm blushing....seriously, thanks for your kind comments!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:nerd:

Huang Kin Lung's (I refuse to call the clones by their exploitation names) cameo I guess you'd call it, in GH's Game of Death? He appears at the 50:48 mark where Bob Wall chases the Billy Lo character through the Lion Dance in the Macao back streets. When they first show the lion, he is the first troupe member to the left of the lion head! I noticed this years ago, however, while watching this today, thought I'd make it known-if no one else was aware.

... Funny. He was on the set, and they never used the guy? With those scenes that called for Billy Lo in shades, he would have looked more like Bruce than any of the shadow actors. IMO.

Dragon out.

No mate, I've never noticed that 'cameo' I will definately check that out. Thanks.

I wonder if he tried to get a part as one of the doubles?

johnoverall

Just a reminder that stock of Carl's book is getting low and it will most likely not see a reprint, unless the coverage in next month's Total Film, Martial Arts Illustrated and Impact opens the floodgates. Get your orders in now; there are also four signed copies remaining!

johnoverall
Are their any colour copies left and if so how can the Ninja get a copy?

Hi, only colour copies exist. No black and white. If you don't mind dropping me a private message and I'll pass on ordering information.

book arrived today and its great i can`t put it down carl and john you are stars:bigsmile:

Speaking on behalf of both of us....thanks so much. It's nice to have your appreciation!

Look out for coverage in the next MAI and Total Film.

Cheers

Carl

johnoverall

Take heart, Carl. The pothead comment was more about the style of writing than a direct reference to you as a person. Also, as cutting as some of the remarks are your book was in the company of printed works by Faber and Faber and the BFI and fared better than some of them. Considering it's a small-press effort we should be proud.

Chin up, copies of MAI and Impact have been sent to me so let's move on and see what their opinions bring....

... oh, and if it helps, Total Film returned my Bruce Lee book as ineligible for review so you made the grade where I failed.

Guest Markgway
... oh, and if it helps, Total Film returned my Bruce Lee book as ineligible for review so you made the grade where I failed.

Ouch! :squigglemouth:

I just read the review in this month's IMPACT. Not too bad, I think I got off lightly with this one!

Hey Carl & John, I've had my copy for a while now and I just wanted to say it's a way cool book! It's cool on its own and twice as cool when you think about the fact that not a whole lot of books are published about these kinds of "trashy" kung fu movies. Good on ya, mates! :bigsmile:

Hey Carl & John, I've had my copy for a while now and I just wanted to say it's a way cool book! It's cool on its own and twice as cool when you think about the fact that not a whole lot of books are published about these kinds of "trashy" kung fu movies. Good on ya, mates! :bigsmile:

I know I keep repeating myself but thanks (again) Jack!

Y'know I always thought that there were only about 3 and half fans of Bruceploitation!:bigsmile:

I just read the review in this month's IMPACT. Not too bad, I think I got off lightly with this one!

8/10, nice one!

Hiya Mark

No, it didn't sell as well as expected:sad:

I'm not sure how many are left. You'd have to ask John.

My next book will come out later this month/early november.

Cheers

Carl

No more prints runs

Did it not sell too well then?

How many copies are out there?

No more prints runs

Did it not sell too well then?

How many copies are out there?

There were 101 copies produced including the proof; 14 regular copies remain and are now on eBay.

For a small-press book with a limited audience I'd say it's performed fine, but not great since its release in May, Many of the expressions of interest failed to translate into sales but I'd like the remaining copies sold so we can redeem our investment and I can move onto other projects.

Archived