im ready to order (from the UK)

whats the best option?

amazon or another link?

holler

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnoverall
hopefully there is a copy left for me in a couple weeks.. just don't have the cash right now.

I'll put one aside. Signed or unsigned?

sifu iron perm

question;

on page .57, there is a picture from the dojo scene in bruce lee man the myth, i don't recall that part being in the film? I do remember when Muriyaki and his side kick (Mr "really really") confronts Bruce in his gung fu school though.

is this just an out-take?

where can i get a proper uncut version of Man/Myth? Does it exist?

thanks.

The pic is a publicity shot. There are quite a few that don't actually appear in the film.

All of the U.S. dvd's are' uncut' fight wise but the Japanese dvd has an extra (non fighting) scene.

Hope this helps

Carl

johnoverall

Howdy, just an update to say that three weeks in and half the books are gone. If you want one, now's the time!

Hey, I ordered the book off Amazon UK back when it first came out, and it's been on back order ever since. Did they ever get copies to fill orders? Did they not get enough and are they going to get more?

johnoverall
Hey, I ordered the book off Amazon UK back when it first came out, and it's been on back order ever since. Did they ever get copies to fill orders? Did they not get enough and are they going to get more?

Morning, first of all apologies for the delay in the receipt of your book.

You should have received it by now as I have fulfilled all of Amazon's orders to date; the most recent batch of books was sent to their distributors early this week.

If you pre-ordered or ordered the book early on when it was released (at the end of May) they should have shipped by now. I haven't heard from anyone else about non-receipt via Amazon so I'm assuming they've messed up your order.

I would complain to their customer services, cancel the order and then order direct from me instead, and I will get your book to you by Tuesday if you're in the UK.

Once again, I am sorry about this but once the book's are out of my possession, I have little control over what happens next.

I posted previously in this thread regarding issues with Amazon. Waterstones are cut from the same cloth. I complained to them about their web-site showing the book available for pre-order after the book had been released and they assured me it was an IT problem ("thanks for bringing it to our attention") and that they would rectify it and come back to me as soon as it was listed correctly. Have they done it? I think we know the answer....

Great job Carl and John....I must say I'm interested in one myself. I used to buy up all the "Bruce Lee" flicks I could find knowing full well it was the imposters!!

I'll PM you shortly for the purchasing details!!

Gotta support such a terrific product!!

Thanks for the reply guys, I am not accusing you of messing things up, I just know you had been using the message board and thought I'd ask. Now that I know the problem is with Amazon UK I'll write to them. And thanks again for risking your time and money on the type of book that is no sure thing nowadays! I can't wait to see it!

Thanks again,

Dan

Here is what Amazon's customer service told me:

"Dear Customer

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.co.uk.

We do understand your concern regarding the order #026-7195711-2990744 for the item "Here Come the Kung Fu Clones Clones".

On rare occasions, we may receive multiple orders for the same item in a short period which can add time to the original availability estimate for 'In Stock' items. This appears to be what happened in your case.

However, I have checked your order #026-7195711-2990744 and found that the current availability estimate for the item "Here Come the Kung Fu Clones Clones" is still listed as "Temporarily out of stock."

When an item is listed as "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we will deliver when available" this means that it is an item that is not ordered frequently--so we cant predict exactly how long it will take us to obtain it or when we will be able to ship it to you.

However, as per the recent update from the buying team we now expect to receive new stocks from our suppliers in the middle of July and we expect to dispatch your order by July 17, 2010.

If the order takes too long to meet your needs, you may cancel it at any time before it enters the shipping process and you will not be charged for it."

Needless to say, I won't be canceling my order. I hope their message jibs with what you guys think is going on.

Best, Dan

johnoverall
Needless to say, I won't be canceling my order. I hope their message jibs with what you guys think is going on.

Thanks for making the effort and contacting them Dan. I appreciate the update, even if it reads like a really bad standard form :laluot_08:

I don't understand why it takes them so long, but I guess your book is on its way.

If you change your mind at any stage, I have books prep'd ready to go and the p&p is at cost. I can't imagine the remaining stock will last long once the PR hits Impact, Martial Arts Illustrated and (hopefully) Total Film magazines.

Thanks again for your support.

Best,

John

Well, I got a message last evening saying the two copies of the book were shipped, so all seems right with the world.

Thanks!

Dan

Just want to say have finished it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Some beautiful poster art in there and cheeky comment! :smile:

My only criticism would be that there wasn't enough about Dragon Lee and Bruce Le but I saw that you posted that you really decided where to concentrate early on.

Overall Well worth the buy and would def recommend!

Archived