BRUCEPLOITATION Book Update...

shukocarl

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnoverall
Still waiting for mine from amazon.. :cry:

Sorry to hear that! I sent their order off on 27th May. If you don't get your book by the end of this coming week please let me know and I'll try and help push things along. To be honest, it's kind of out of my hands, but I'll do what I can.

Boo-hoo, mail is slow to this forsaken part of the European north I still haven't got mine either. :sad:

johnoverall
Boo-hoo, mail is slow to this forsaken part of the European north I still haven't got mine either. :sad:

I've had mail from recipients in the Netherlands and the USA, so they are starting to hit the ground globally. All good things etc.... :wink:

masterofoneinchpunch

Now only if amazon us had a few copies (I would use paypal, but I hit my limit and really don't want to connect my bank account).

johnoverall

Hi, just to confirm that all books, apart from one UK order that came in after I got back from the Post Office this morning, have shipped. Apologies for any delay, but as mentioned before it's beyond my control.

edit: neglected to mention that I've sent a batch of ten books to Carl for signing, as soon as they're ready I'll pass on details.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Just got this bad boy in the mail the other day.. Good read, I'll be checking all the movies when I'm done reading it...

clones.jpg

Guest Markgway

I'm planning on ordering this soon... but I want the colour version.

Please warn us when the B&W version comes out.

I'm planning on ordering this soon... but I want the colour version.

Please warn us when the B&W version comes out.

Still sending out colour copies!

Carl

Still sending out colour copies!

Carl

Can I point out that there are NO BLACK and WHITE copies in this print run! Everyone will recieve a FULL COLOUR copy. We are only thinking of going to B/W if the first print run dosen't cover it's costs!

By the way John is sending me some copies to sign for those that want them ( I'm frankly amazed anyone would want one!).

Please dont let the Black and White thing is put you off buying the book!

Thanks for your support....Carl

David Rees

Good luck with the book, it looks very well produced!

I wont be buying as i hate the whole Bruce exploitation genre..but to each his own!!

cheap all region blu ray players here

Good luck with the book, it looks very well produced!

I wont be buying as i hate the whole Bruce exploitation genre..but to each his own!!

Different strokes mate!

David Rees

Of course!....:xd:

Are you planning any other books on kung fu cinema?

I am doing one at the moment, just a general overview of my 100 top HK action films, got a couple of publishers interested but early days...

Yes, I do plan on a follow up to 'Clones' about the 'Golden' age of Kung fu cinema i.e. the 'Chop Sockey' era, but after my next book which will be on Basic Techniques of Shukokai Karate (which I practice).

My copy arrived today and, having just leafed thru it, I can safely it's well worth both the price and the wait!

Congrats to Carl & John on a fantastic product!!

I just signed some today. Mark, see previous entries to get in touch with John. he'll sort you one.

Carl

BlurayStation3

Got mine in the mail today. Flipped through it and it looks great. Can't wait to read it and check out some of the films. This will be the perfect guidebook since I'm a bit into genre as well; I have a few budget Bruceploitation dvd boxsets.

Finally arrived! Well worth the wait!

Fantastic job guys! Thanks for your help John.

Looking forward to the next one already :bigsmile:

johnoverall
How do I get a signed copy?

I now have signed copies available. HOWEVER, the Royal Mail decided to tapdance on the parcel that Carl returned to me and four of the ten copies are damaged :tinysmile_angry2_t:.

Of the remaining six signed copies, two are already sold leaving four available. The price is £23.13 delivered in the UK, £24.63 delivered to Europe and £26.52 delivered to the rest of the world.

I'm open to suggestions as to what to do with the four damaged, signed copies if anyone has any ideas.

I don't have Paypal.

Would bank transfer be okay?

Guest Markgway

Hi,

Thanks for the response John, but I've sourced the book elsewhere.

Good luck getting rid of the damaged goods. Unless they're totally fucked I would just sell them off at a budget price on this forum.

Archived