BRUCEPLOITATION Book Update...

shukocarl

johnoverall
Can't remember John,was a long time ago :smile: i had an ad in the old Film Review magazine and you responded to it.i like you had kids and had to sell up.It was a nice collection though and i miss it :sad:

Well, when the time comes and if you're interested maybe you can inherit my Bruce Lee bits. Would be nice to go full circle and know they're going to a good home and wrap things up properly for me....

... or, for now you can buy my Bruce Lee book :angel:

frontcover_test.jpg

While we're talking books, here's some page samples of Here Come the Kung Fu Clones:

100_2406.jpg

100_2405.jpg

100_2404.jpg

100_2402.jpg

100_2401.jpg

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the first print run with colour pix; I have pre-ordered (and paid) directly via PayPal; Does this mean I'll be sure to get the colour pix version? And how many colour copies have been printed (earlier in this thread it says 50 but things change so I thought I'd just ask)? Thanks. :nerd:

johnoverall
About the first print run with colour pix; I have pre-ordered (and paid) directly via PayPal; Does this mean I'll be sure to get the colour pix version? And how many colour copies have been printed (earlier in this thread it says 50 but things change so I thought I'd just ask)? Thanks. :nerd:

Yes, you will definitely receive the colour pix version. As will everyone who's placed an order for the first print run.

Also, I've had a PM about the Amazon listing remaining at £30 and Amazon 'not knowing anything about a price change' (or words to that effect when queried by the customer). I've sent a complaint off about this. They, and other retailers all pick up this information centrally, so if the likes of WHSmith (http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=9780956012319) can get the cover, release date and price correct why can't Amazon?

edit: just off the phone to Amazon Customer Services who were unable to assist me or cope with my query on any level :-(

johnoverall
Hey John PM sent...

Received and responded :smile:

Is the US Amazon posting going to be available to purchase from?

After the problems with Amazon UK, I'm undecided. :squigglemouth:

edit: Heard from the printer a couple of hours ago, I'm definitely collecting the books tomorrow, around lunchtime.

John,

Pleased to say amazon.co.uk have now changed their price to £19.99!!!!! :bigsmile:

Thanks for all your help..

johnoverall
John,

Pleased to say amazon.co.uk have now changed their price to £19.99!!!!! :bigsmile:

Thanks for all your help..

Finally! I guess they got bored of my e-mails and telephone complaints.

I collected the books earlier this afternoon and have started preparing orders with a view to standing in the Post Office for a very long time tomorrow :tongue:

th_books_arrived.jpg

Finally! I guess they got bored of my e-mails and telephone complaints.

I collected the books earlier this afternoon and have started preparing orders with a view to standing in the Post Office for a very long time tomorrow :tongue:

th_books_arrived.jpg

Can I have one John? :)

prinnysquad

You should have got Carl to sign them all :wink:

Looking forward to my copy enormously, I've been waiting ages for this.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Is the majority of people who pre-ordered or paid through paypal will get the first run color version???

johnoverall
You should have got Carl to sign them all :wink:

We'll see if we can get some signed copies out there, right now they're shipping as they are (unsigned).

Is the majority of people who pre-ordered or paid through paypal will get the first run color version???

Yes, you will all get the colour version.

chilly bong

Received my copy this morning and I must say it looks very nice. Respect to everyone involved.

I can assure you the book isn't oput of stock (yet...) it's just that Amazon don't hold stock of it. John will be here later to explain.

Carl

johnoverall
On Amazon UK it says:

Temporarily out of stock.

:neutral:

Hi, out and about with family today so just time for a quick reply. As Carl says, Amazon don't hold stock, which is why the listing looks like that They block order from their supplier who then orders from me and I then send the copies they need. So although it says 'temporarily out of stock' you can still order and be assured I will send copies to Amazon. They've already had their first batch. Anyone who has placed an order with Amazon will get their book and will continue to do so until we run out of stock. Hope this clarifies things.

Just got my copy.

Haven't read it, but did a quick skim. It looks beautiful...

Good job, guys! =D

Archived