BRUCEPLOITATION Book Update...

shukocarl

johnoverall

The book is now listed on Amazon US and Amazon Japan.

Also, there will only be around 35 copies (or so) for sale of the first run; the rest will be free copies going to everyone who chipped in and helped the book become a reality. And yes, the layout is getting there and it will have plenty of images throughout. Final price will be set when we can accurately calculate cost per copy.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnoverall
What seems like an age ago now... :smile:

Pre ordered this the other day. Looking forward to it greatly!

Hi, can I please ask where and when you pre-ordered as I would have received notifications from Neilsen BookData (who act as conduit between major suppliers and publishers) and I haven't heard a peep.

prinnysquad
Hi, can I please ask where and when you pre-ordered as I would have received notifications from Neilsen BookData (who act as conduit between major suppliers and publishers) and I haven't heard a peep.

Ordered mine from amazon.co.uk, last friday night, shortly after the comment about limited colour copies was posted.

johnoverall

Book is just about ready to go to print, couple of minor layout tweaks and it's done.

Will the book be available at any other places besides Amazon? I don't have a credit card.

johnoverall
Will the book be available at any other places besides Amazon? I don't have a credit card.

You can buy direct from me if you have a PayPal account.

Or you can walk into any bookstore and order it quoting ISBN-10: 0956012310 or ISBN-13: 978-0956012319

You can buy direct from me if you have a PayPal account.

I've got a paypal account.

fuckin' pricey (atleast on eBay) but I'm definitely going to grab a copy .. been looking for a book just like this

Hi John,

Is that £19.99 only direct from you or across the board as amazon is still showing £30?

cheers

johnoverall

It takes a week for the central database to catch up when I make changes, so Amazon and all the other stores who have it listed should have the updated price displayed in the near future (if they can be bothered to update their listing). Even if you order it from them you will still pay the lower, retail price. The £30 was an estimate on my part based on the quote for my previous book and is now null and void.

So, yes it's £19.99 everywhere not just direct from me. Do not pay £30 or £40 for it, I don't want to see anyone get ripped off. Believe me, we will need to sell every one to break even, this has never been about making a fast buck and Carl and I have invested a lot of time and money in this and would appreciate your support. Obviously postage and packing costs will need to be met if you buy it direct and I promise to do those at cost.

Okay, that's enough of that. It's time to say Congratulations to Carl!

The proof has arrived, so it actually exists now:

clones_proof.jpg

johnoverall
Is it a small book or do you just have REALLY big hands??

In my spare time, I am a giant.... it's the angle of the pic and that I do actually have large hands!

I can measure the book if anyone needs dimensions.

Hey John are you still a Bruce Lee collector?i'm sure you bought some stuff from me when i sold my collection around 15 years ago :smile:

Oh my god, I'm a father (again)- Wow, the book looks really good! Even I can't wait to get one in my hands. Everyone involved with the book has done a fantastic job and my thanks go out to you all. Without John Overall the project would just have been a dream.

Now we have to try and flog 'em to try to at least break even!

Cheers

Carl

PS Thanks also to those who have been waiting for this to happen.I hope you enjoy the book!

johnoverall

Okay, now have prices for anyone who wants to order direct, paying via PayPal.

If you're in the UK, the cost of the book including delivery is £22.39

If you're in Europe, the cost of the book including delivery is £23.89

If you're from the Rest of the World, the cost of the book including delivery is £25.79

If you want to order direct please send me a private message and I'll pass on my payment details. When the books have been printed, in about a week or less, I will ship the day after I've collected them from the printer.

If you've already reserved a copy, please contact me again so I can make sure I have your shipping details.

Thank you!

johnoverall
Hey John are you still a Bruce Lee collector?i'm sure you bought some stuff from me when i sold my collection around 15 years ago :smile:

Hi, not into collecting so much anymore, I'm planning to go through the last box of bits I have left and list them on eBay in the near future. It's entirely possible I bought stuff from you! Although I'd had an interest for years prior, between 1994 and 2003 I had a voracious appetite for Bruce Lee and wound up with a room full of stuff. Having kids put an end to all that though, needed to make space for a nursery so began 'pruning' all that I'd acquired. Have kept some nice pieces, got to interview people connected to Bruce Lee, published various articles in magazines and even put out a book about him. So I think I've pretty much done everything I could have hoped for. Do you remember what I bought? I may still have it/them!

Can't remember John,was a long time ago :smile: i had an ad in the old Film Review magazine and you responded to it.i like you had kids and had to sell up.It was a nice collection though and i miss it :sad:

Archived