BRUCEPLOITATION Book Update...

shukocarl

My long awaited (? psml !) book Here Come the Kung fu Clones rumbles on towards publication. It wil now feature colour and b/w pics (was only going to be b/w) and an extensive gallery of rare video sleeves courtesy of some great research by my co-creator John Overall. This means that the book will be more pricey than first estimated, maybe £20 or a tad more but the chunky paperback will be worth it!

Please feel free to give me your comments and/or death threats....Carl:smile:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My long awaited (? psml !) book Here Come the Kung fu Clones (?!):neutral: rumbles on towards publication...

Please feel free to give me your comments and/or death threats....Carl:smile:

Can I begin with my death threats now, Carl?

:neutral:

:xd:!

Not sure if it'll be quilted,moist or patterned yet Mark....

Seriously, I don't know as yet...the gallery may be glossy with the other pics appearing within the text?

Still no definate date guys. I'm as frustated as you as its been a year in development. This book publishing lark is v..e..r..y....s..l..o..w. Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer.

To be published by Woowum Books.

• Administrator
Still no definate date guys. I'm as frustated as you as its been a year in development. This book publishing lark is v..e..r..y....s..l..o..w. Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer.

To be published by Woowum Books.

I've been there man! If you come out of this process and you're still half sane, then you're doing a great job. :xd:

Thanks for keeping us informed as you go.

The book is now being listed at Amazon uk, Waterstones and WH Smith. Please don't take the price and release date as final.

Thanks

Carl:wink:

johnoverall

Here's the Amazon link

As Carl said, price and release date are not final, hope it will be cheaper and sooner.

I've enlisted a designer to take over from me, so the book will move forward at a much greater pace (not difficult) and also look better into the bargain (again, not difficult). An image gallery is also to be added and the plan is to go full colour.

John has just sent me the updated layout of the book and it looks the dogs! 99% colour pix and posters/sleeves that will have all the 'Ploitation fans drooling!! This is going to knock you all out with the whole design!

Also I am traying to arrange a screening/book signing in my home town (UK). The manager from the local Cineworld is well up for it and using some distribution contacts to try and access a film print of a 'Ploitation title. Failing that it will be large screen dvd presentation in a screen that seats 180.

Stay tuned to this channel folks!

Carl:wink:

The book is still moving forward (it seems agonisingly slow) but everything is almost in place now (maybe some more last minute pix to be included) and the price looks like it will be £24.99 plus postage. More than I hoped for but will be worth it with the colour pic content. :smile:

Carl

BTW The Screening looks a non-starter due to lack of UK intrest..:sad:

The book is still moving forward (it seems agonisingly slow) but everything is almost in place now (maybe some more last minute pix to be included) and the price looks like it will be £24.99 plus postage. More than I hoped for but will be worth it with the colour pic content. :smile:

Carl

BTW The Screening looks a non-starter due to lack of UK intrest..:sad:

A quick postscript to the last message:

The book will only be a short print run and the FIRST 50 copies only will be full colour due to dwindling funds. Both John and myself will have to break even (at least) to go to the next print run.This will probably be in black & white at a cheaper cover price. So the bottom line is, if you want a colour copy please pre-order to make sure you get one!

Thanks

Carl

Kudos to you, Carl - it looks a fantastic book!! :bigsmile:

Quick question - Amazon is showing the price as £30 - is this the final price now?

Amazon price is only a guide. It should be £24.99 on release. The B&W copies should run about £10 cheaper.

Another quick update:

Our layout man (Nick) has just recieved another bunch of great pics to include. If he dosen't stop soon it will be next f****ing year before we see it! Memo to oneself : Stop him!!:tongue::wink:

Carl

Archived