falkor

Which aspect ratio looks best?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which aspect ratio looks best?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loooooookin' goooooood!

Could probably do with a bit of ordinary brightness applied now that the subs are appearing (see attached).

I got a new poll for tomorrow I'll be posting: PAL Speedup vs. Trickery

Stay tuned! ;)

Edit: will attach sample later.

Killer Meteor
Could probably do with a bit of ordinary brightness applied now that the subs are appearing (see attached).

I got a new poll for tomorrow I'll be posting: PAL Speedup vs. Trickery

Stay tuned! ;)

Edit: will attach sample later.

Why not do new subs in a black box as an option. then you don't have to keep fiddling with the picture

Why not do new subs in a black box as an option. then you don't have to keep fiddling with the picture

New subs takes too long, but the picture needs fiddling as there's too much glare/overbrightness. By correcting the visibility of subs, the general video quality also gets corrected. Anyway, I am told that the movie is solid, action-packed with only short pauses of dialogue between each fight scene--spread evenly like Born Invincible!

Killer Meteor
New subs takes too long, but the picture needs fiddling as there's too much glare/overbrightness. By correcting the visibility of subs, the general video quality also gets corrected. Anyway, I am told that the movie is solid, action-packed with only short pauses of dialogue between each fight scene--spread evenly like Born Invincible!

Yes, but with proper subs, you can show the films to your friends!

Perhaps somebody could work on that as a long term project. There's many Kung Fu films that deserve the same treatment. In this case, we just need to get Massacre into the public domain ASAP! This isn't one for the murky world of the private collector; it's looks too damn good to be locked away in a safe for 30 years.

There has been some major breakthroughs with the quality and colour correction, so the old screenshots have been taken down! New screenshots to be posted soon... this is looking GOOD!!! :bigsmile:

Latest news: by an absolute miracle of genius, ALL subs are now visible! Below is a screenshot comparison from what is, apparently, the hardest-to-read scene in the movie (white on white) :

Original - I bet you can't even get the line to appear in Photoshop!

1orig.png

Version 2.0

2ms.png

Version 3.0 - PAL final

3ms.png

I think Version 2.0 is being kept for the NTSC version, so if you haven't already done so, it might be an idea to send that extra £10 for both prints. If the deal goes through, we will have less than 24 hours to ship out the movie, so these decisions need to be made in the next 48 hours or less.

Archived