What is the longest version of Kung Fu Fever?

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

Just wondering what the longest version of this movie is. I got it in a Mill Creek 20pack a year or 2 ago. It runs 76:01 . I recently got another version, in the BCI Urban Assault 10-pack, and it runs 85:40

The pic quality on these 2 versions is the same. I doubt this is a new uncut version, but if it is, I'd be more than happy to go through and look for deleted footage. Otherwise, I'll just sit back and enjoy my extra 9 minutes:bigsmile:

Also, does anyone by chance have the Urban Assault 10-pack? Any recommendations? The only movie I've watched so far is Black Panther of Shaolin, and it was a real chore to sit through. I need something better than that.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the version if this that I have is only longer by 10 seconds from the BCI Urban Assault 10-pack version.

You're not really missing out, there is some footage here and there, but I think its only dialoge scenes and footage from the Bruce Lee funeral service in the 1st few minutes.

Morgoth Bauglir

Thanks! Correct me if I'm wrong here. Your version is 85:50. So it looks like I have a pretty complete version. Good to know there's more dialogue. This movie really cracks me up.

Phone Conversation-

Woman- Hello? How are you Bruce? Oh I'm sorry I couldn't make it today.

Bruce Lee- You should have seen Ricky doing my... finger technique.

Woman- I'd like to read about it. Lend me your book.

Bruce Lee- ok, but first, you must join my class.

Woman- oh, but I don't have the time. Anyhow, I must have that book.

Gripping, isn't it!:bigsmile:

On a somewhat similar note, to tide me over until I wathced Kung FU Fever, I watched Bruce Lee Fights Back From the Grave last night. I remember hating it when I first watched it many years ago. But I've learned to be more tolerable to these movies as I've grown older, and my sense of humor keeps getting weirder day by day, so I thought I'd give it another try. Wow what a great stupid movie. I loved it.

ThunderScore

I have that Urban Assault set and it sure looks like (THE) KUNG FU FEVER and BLACK PANTHER OF SHAOLIN are cropped - I saw the edges of what looked like subtitles on KFF and the credits on BPOS are fullscreen while the rest of the film is "wide"...

Morgoth Bauglir

Knetan, is yours subtitled? Or do you by chance know if there is a subtitled version?

Morgoth Bauglir

Thanks Jamal. If an expert like you doesn't know of a subbed version, I'm guessing this would be really really hard to find.

Shaolin_Fox

Hey JAMAL, do you know by any chance the running time for the mandarin fullscreen subtitle version?

hey,

it's indeed dubbed but who needs subs for this wacky, wonderful movie? Dutch tape is also 16:9 framed so in fact is closer to full 2.35.

I think the Brentwood (?) version is 2.35. I haven't watched it in a year or so but pretty sure it is the original aspect. Not sure of the running time though.

Archived