Searching for lost film

misawa23

Just wanted to ask. I've been looking for this film for years with no luck, I don't know what it's called. I saw this film probably 25-30 years ago in a theatre and don't remember the name. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it. All that I remember is..

1. Had to do with a masked bandit who was a woman. I believe that she attacking shipments from the corrupt government and giving the money to the poor.

2. Officials were hunting her as she seemed to only attack at night.

3. During the day, woman was either a princess or a well respected person, who no one would ever believe could be the bandit.

4. She was in love with some guy ( I believe that he was some kind of soldier/official-- knows kung fu as well), who her sister was also in love with.

5. Her sister was annoying and kept trying to prove that she was worthy of this guy's love.

6. I believe that the sister finds out her sister's identity and goes out of her way to prove that she can fight as well for the rebels. ( She can't fight and constantly gets smacked around--if I remember this right ).

7. In final fight, a soldier throws a trident (that pitchfork looking thing) and it catches her foot against a stone wall. While this is going on, her sister (who's kung fu is crap) gets killed ( by a spear) while trying to prove that she can fight for the rebels as well!

Thanks for anyone who can help, this film stuck in my mind since I was a child and I have no idea what this was! My older brother took me, and he can't remember either!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

Sounds like a decent plot, would be nice to solve this one! I am sure somebody knows this one here...

I think the Celestial DVD has gone OOP, but you can still get it on VCD.

I thought this was one that only came out on VCD... there was a DVD?

Thanks everyone for the help. I saw this movie so long ago, I thought that I wouldn't ever see it again! Thanks, now I just have to find it. Thanks again for the help!!

I don't think it's The Black Butterfly since Chiao Chiao did not have an annoying sister in that film.

The Black Butterfly was a VCD-only release in Hong Kong but it was released on DVD in Singapore by Scorpioeast.

I'm supposed to be getting the film shortly, I really hope that this is the film or it's back to the search. The annoying, meddling sister was a big part of the film from what I remember, so if Black Butterfly isn't the film, does anyone else have any clue? My most vivid memory is the end, which takes place in a courtyard, where the bandit, the male lead and the sister are fighting a large group of soldiers, who manages to surround them. Like I said, the bandit gets her ankle trapped against a wall after a soldier throws a trident at her, leaving the boyfriend and her sister to fend for themselves while she tries to break herself free. Thanks again for the help everyone.

I'm not sure (I have the VCD myself). I couldn't find a listing for the DVD on a Google search so I assumed that it was OOP.

There was no dvd of this from IVL only vcd (why?) but rumour has it that one region had it on dvd via another label.Never seen any sleeve / cover art-work for this though.

Archived