Two Great Cavaliers - Dir. Yang Ching-Chen [1978] (Taiwan)

Hermeskungfu

Is there a better version than the Crash dvd which is a very poor print in places and not exactly a great dub. Does anyone know who places the guy in the silver sparkly cloak ? I did enjoy the final fight with John Liu, Angela Mao, Leung Kar-Yan and their 'master' against Cheng Sing.

TheFlyingPanda

Just watched this, it's been a long time since I last saw it. This flick was fun to watch, man it had fights all the way through! Super kicks and super hits! I hope to find a Chinese copy with English subs one day, but I'm happy it's in letterbox at least and not my old cropped VHS.

This should've been great with such a star studded cast including Beardy, Wang Yu, Chan Sing, Angela Mao & John Liu but somehow this movie is less than the sum of its parts. It was solid but just wasn't particularly memorable or noteworthy. Chan Sing as usual made a great baddie & the tag team of Mao/Liu made for good finale but I was let down by the lack of exotic weapons and gimmicks that would've really set this apart from similar movies of the time.

C'mon, is a green painted poison palm the best they can do?

• Like 3