The Moon That Escaped the Cloud (Korean Zatoichi)

daisho2004

Definitely looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out!

Not exactly sure how this news escaped us, but we’re on it now. Lee Jun-ik, director of the Korean blockbuster ‘The King and the Clown' is returning to historical period epics, with a new action-packed piece titled “Gureumeul Beoseonan Dalcheoreom” aka “Like the Moon that Escaped the Cloud.” Actor Hwang Jung-min will star as a legendary blind swordsman (a Korean style Zatoichi?) opposite Cha Seung won, who plays a revolutionary. The movies release is currently tipped to be around late spring, early summer.

mooncloud.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WuxiaFan
Definitely looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out!

Not exactly sure how this news escaped us, but we’re on it now. Lee Jun-ik, director of the Korean blockbuster ‘The King and the Clown' is returning to historical period epics, with a new action-packed piece titled “Gureumeul Beoseonan Dalcheoreom” aka “Like the Moon that Escaped the Cloud.” Actor Hwang Jung-min will star as a legendary blind swordsman (a Korean style Zatoichi?) opposite Cha Seung won, who plays a revolutionary. The movies release is currently tipped to be around late spring, early summer.

Seems to be a lot of Zatoichi spin offs lately. But, it still interests me. I'm intrigued with blind swordsman/swordswomen.

:15_002:

I for one never get tied of any kind of Zatoichi remakes or spin-offs.

Ditto! This one looks pretty solid. Wonder if they'll be releasing it on Blu-Ray at the same time as the DVD. Might have to import it.

DragonSword: I'm so psyched about this movie! The Koreans have been putting out some great movies the last couple of years and there not getting enough acknowledgement.

Looks like it got a limited release here:

Los Angeles - CGV Cinemas

Orange County - AMC Fullerton 20

San Jose - AMC Cupertino 16

D.C. - AMC Loews Rio Cinemas 18

Seattle - AMC Loews Alderwood Mall 16

Dallas - AMC Grapevine Mills 30

Houston - AMC Studio 30

Atlanta - AMC Colonial 18

Chicago - AMC Northbrook 14

The official website:

http://www.blades-of-blood.com/

Damn why can't it have a showing here in NYC! And I see they changed the name of the movie!

shaolin swords

daisho........just saw the trailer for the blades of blood movie looks good do you know if its out on dvd yet.

shaolin swords: One of the Guys who I buy a lot of my movies from on eBay has it, for $9.95 + free s/h

C'mon that's a bootleg. That's why the date it was posted is the date it was available for download and released by YESASIA.

I'm all for buying films in the fame and rareity. But to buy something from a guy who just downloaded off the net (the film is 2.35:1 not 1.85 :1), burned it and sells it on eBay, is a waste of time and money.

I keep saying this, but companies have got to just release a film out in Blu Ray to start. Idk...

C'mon that's a bootleg. That's why the date it was posted is the date it was available for download and released by YESASIA.

VenomsFan: I have bought a lot of DVDs from that seller and all his DVDs are factory pressed and not copies. But if that is what is considered a bootleg, it really is to each his own. I can tell you the picture quality and sound are excellent as well as the subtitles and when and if they get a legit US release I will buy them, plus I do save money on his DVDs and have never had any problem with them.

VenomsFan: I have bought a lot of DVDs from that seller and all his DVDs are factory pressed and not copies. But if that is what is considered a bootleg, it really is to each his own. I can tell you the picture quality and sound are excellent as well as the subtitles and when and if they get a legit US release I will buy them, plus I do save money on his DVDs and have never had any problem with them.

You are right, to each their own. A little knowledge on downloading videos, subtitles, etc and you would know. Factory pressed can/is done in house and I understand the need to have an actual disc with cover art, etc and not just a video file.

But this money isn't going to the creators of the film. It's not an official release. So why pay for it when it :

1. Doesn't support the crew, companied, etc?

2. Is from a downloadable file that you could get and burn yourself?

On the other hand, the $14 is to pay for the time and effort for someone else to just do it, but you gotta understand point #1.

The Amazing Psycho Per

This is a bootleg. The only legit version on the market right now is the Korean DVD. It is Region 3, and has two discs. The one your seller offers is one disc and region one. Whatever the quality is, it's still a bootleg, a DVD-R of the only legit release out there now, wich is this one:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/blades-of-blood-dvd-2-disc-first-press-limited-edition-korea-version/1022953528-0-0-0-en/info.html

Listen the bottom line is I'm not arguing that these might not be legit 1st. edition DVDs but the quality is excellent and when it gets a US legit release I will support them.

Listen the bottom line is I'm not arguing that these might not be legit 1st. edition DVDs but the quality is excellent and when it gets a US legit release I will support them.

To each their own. I find downloading a nice alternative

1. Saves money

2. Promotes getting $ spent to go to those responsible for it's creation

Do you know of the "online" alternative? Not sure your stand on supporting the bootlegging. I hear you though, buying the official releases definitely supports those who worked on it. It doesn't seem like we have much choice when a region dvd for wherever you are isn't made available until years later (not to mention it may be dubbed, edited, changed altogether!) And whose to say we all want to sit there downloading movies online when that comes with it's own issues.

VenomsFan: Listen I live in NY and I do have an all region player, but it does come down to money! I'm not going to play $25.00+ for a region 3 DVD with all the extras when I myself don't care for the extras. If they made the DVDs more affordable then that would be a different story, and the DVDs I buy from the so called bootleggers have an excellent quality and the subtitles are excellent themselves, and there are factory pressed as well. I can get 3 new release DVDs for $25.00 and again when it get a legit US release I will buy from them, and believe me I'm not hurting anybody by buying who I buy from, when was the last time you were at the movies? You see the prices on everything its Crazy! The bottom line is they don't care about the consumers, only about the money! So I really feel we're getting off track on this one topic here! I was asked who I'm getting the movie from and I posted it, if I was asked are they legit I would say the truth.

VenomsFan: Listen I live in NY and I do have an all region player, but it does come down to money! I'm not going to play $25.00+ for a region 3 DVD with all the extras when I myself don't care for the extras. If they made the DVDs more affordable then that would be a different story, and the DVDs I buy from the so called bootleggers have an excellent quality and the subtitles are excellent themselves, and there are factory pressed as well. I can get 3 new release DVDs for $25.00 and again when it get a legit US release I will buy from them, and believe me I'm not hurting anybody by buying who I buy from, when was the last time you were at the movies? You see the prices on everything its Crazy! The bottom line is they don't care about the consumers, only about the money! So I really feel we're getting off track on this one topic here! I was asked who I'm getting the movie from and I posted it, if I was asked are they legit I would say the truth.

I agree with you 100% about the consumer not always being considered.There has in most part consideration for us. But it makes it hard for official releases to hit when the booters do what they do!

I find it beneficial to consumers not to support bootlegging - which is why I prefer the download alternative until the official release hits.

Didn't mean to give you a hard time. To each their own. For example, this film was available for almost a year for download. After all, that's what the bootleggers are doing - except they sell it as well.

I watched it then and just bought the new release that just came out.

Didn't mean to give you a hard time. To each their own. For example, this film was available for almost a year for download. After all, that's what the bootleggers are doing - except they sell it as well

VenomsFan: Don't worry I don't take it personal, you gotta love when we debate about movies and stuff! :xd:

Archived