Ocean Shores VHS? SF or LA?

Jonny66

I noticed the thread about VHS found in NY's Chinatown. Anyone know of any shops in San Francisco or LA's Chinatowns for scoring old Ocean Shores tapes?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm, all the Ocean Shores I've seen in San Francisco Bay Area Chinatowns had no covers and were usually the solid Chinese language versions. everyone I've seen with my own two eyes I bought up myself.

with the exception of a Vietnamese video store in Oakland Ca. it was off broadway between 10th and 12th. last I saw they had good condition Ocean Shores vhs tapes english dubbed versions with full plastic clamshells for $15 a piece, a little pricey but she knows they are oop and can't be ordered ever again (duh?). maybe thirty or so left along with Vietnamese dubbed versions of entire Tai Seng vhs catalog titles.

believe it or not a lot of Hollywood Videos (west coast video chain) stocked english dubbed Ocean Shores, these have since been bought up by collectors when HV sold off all there tapes for a buck. I scoured dozens of HV in Northern California and Oregon myself. I've gotten about 150 OS titles from Hollywood Video rental stores over the years.

I had a chance to check out about a dozen Korean video stores in La Cresencta California and no such luck finding anything remotely old school kung fu related.

Portland Oregon Chinatown had a video store and the only old school title I found was for The Assassin (Jimmy Wang Yu). Already had it so I passed.

Archived