Her name is cat (豹妹)(1998)...

fiol

.... how bad is this movie?!?!?

i watched it two days ago and i was like this: :ooh:

I can save only two things from this movie beside the gorgeous Almen Wong:

-some stunts were good

-the final scene in the church

the rest of the film is just awful! i even skipped the "sex" scenes... too boring!

I didnt like the editing of the movie (when the "cat" (although the chinese title is panther) first appeared during the scene with the kids i laughed a lot.. the slow motion helped it).

The music was not good for the scenes it supported..

I dont even know how they could have made a sequel for this crap.. but they did!

What 's ur opinion guys?

never heard of boring sex scenes...

:yociexp38:

they were nothing serious.. there are better movies with better sex scenes out there :tongue:

The sex scenes are pretty chaste from what I recall. But I liked the movie. It's cheesy fun. If you don't like Wong Jing's stuff though, you're probably not going to find much to enjoy.

http://hkfilm.net/hercat.htm

maybe it's just me but i found it really poor made.. about the Wong Jing's stuff, why? I like some of his stuff, but not this flick :P

Guest Markgway

I remember quite enjoying this cheese when I saw it back in the late 90s....

Not sure how I'd feel about it now.

Is the MIA DVD (as The Huntress) any good? (Probably a stupid question!)

Supposedly anamorphic! No word on original mono though (I've read vague info about the DVD's 'stereo' track in useless reviews).

Markgway: I bought the MIA dvd a while back for a cheap price but never watched it. I did remember checking it and it did look very much like a video print. But that was a while ago.

Guest Markgway

Not desperate to see it again... just want to know if MIA's DVD is progressive and mono?

That way if I see it cheap I won't be wasting my money.

Cognoscente

Almen Wong did a very good interview for Asian Cult Cinema (#36 circa 2002) where she talked about this movie. They shot 15 hours a day, and the movie was completed in 3 weeks.

Also, there's a photo of herself, Jade Leung and Irene Wan that makes me think they should have done So Close instead of Karen Mok, Shu Qi and Vicky Zhao. In another photo, Almen proved that she can throw quite the high kick.

• Like 2

Cognoscente

The first image is from #428 (circa 1995) of City Entertainment. This photo of Wong Jing was used in the biography section of the UK DVD for Her Name is Cat. The second image is from the February 2000 issue of Silver World. It features Almen behind Gigi Lai. Both actresses were in a Category III movie called The Accident, released in January 1999. Jing should have exploited their dynamic.

428 ce.jpg

b83a847e3a3b929b_b.jpg

• Like 2