The crimson charm

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Yesterday I saw: The Crimson Charm.

It was very good especially the second half.

I also thought the end fight was terrific,

A few questions.

1. Ivy Ling Po, I hope I got her name right. How good was she with one arm. Some of her fights verged on pure brilliance. I must admit I have seen only a couple of her movies. Now I am hooked. Any suggestions for other movies as good as this one or better?

2. I also thought Chang Yi's performance was top notch.

3. I was surprised to see Sammo Hung as one of the Crimson Charm lackeys in the fight in the outdoor restaurant with Ivy Ling Po. This makes me ask how many other Shaw movies was Sammo in? Was he always a bit player at Shaw's? Then I assume it was sometime shortly there after he went to Golden Harvest and became famous.

4. The main villain of the Crimson Gang was it Ku Feng? I am sure it was but for some reason I am not sure.

I highly recommend this to all.

Blessings,

GD Y-Y

• Like 1

The next time I meet Ivy Ling Po after a concert, I must tell her that her swordplay has found favor among kungfu fans!

I would recommend The 14 Amazons and The Mighty One next in that order followed by Duel For Gold & Finger Of Doom. Not bad for an opera actress who had to reinvent herself when that genre became passe.

• Like 1

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Crimson Charm, Finger Of Doom, and Duel For Gold are my favorite martial arts roles for Ivy Ling Po. I must say I've never finished watching The Mighty One because I'm so unable to appreciate Joseph Kuo's style of directing, so I don't know how she is, really in that film. Crimson Charm is I feel her best all around film to be in. Yes, Ku Feng is the badass villian. Chang Yi is somewhat like Ti Lung in stature, great actor right there, very regal, and always delivers.

• Like 1

Regarding The Mighty One, I just love the finale. I know it is heavy going at first but the movie redeems itself eventually.

I know Ivy Ling Po's eyes will open wide when informed about her kungfu fans. Her tree vampire role in Cherie Chung's Golden Swallow (1987) is also great. Check it out!

• Like 1

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I have seen almost all of Finger of Doom will finish it soon.

Years ago I saw Duel for Gold. Will have to see it again. My copy of 12 Amazons was messed up so never saw the last two thirds of that movie.

It is exciting to have someone who knows one of the great Shaw stars and to give her our blessings from this forum,. Wonderful.

GD Y-Y

• Like 1