"Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief."

daisho2004

OK I got to see this movie today and I really enjoyed it, a nice spin on Greek Mythology. It had good action scenes and very good SP-FX, I would've liked to seen some more Mythological creatures but overall a good movie and the Kids will really like it as well, seeing how it aims to be geared towards Teenagers.

pj-onesheet1.jpg

This adaptation of Rick Riordan's remarkably popular fantasy book series tells the tale of accident-prone teenager Percy (Logan Lerman) discovers he's actually a demi-God, the son of Poseidon, and he is needed when Zeus' lightning is stolen. Percy must master his new found skills in order to prevent a war between the Gods that could devastate the entire world. Directed by Chris Columbus.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw it... it was ok, not great but ok. Chris Columbus has that knack to make a movie where it's not crap but it really doesn't do a whole lot either (i.e the first Harry Potter). On the other, if they continue with this as a series and bring in different directors, it has a lot of potential. IMO, they could have used a lot more Sean Bean, Catherine Keener and Steve Coogan (ok, and more Rosario Dawson!) but the kids are ok (Annabeth looks like Lucy Lawless and almost as badass). I like the modern settings and everything and the half-blood camp was a good idea but overall the movie was a bit lackluster. The Hydra encounter started off interesting and creepy and got very standard; the Lotus Eaters/Vegas scene was also an example of an interesting idea being turned into dross quickly. But, hey, maybe the next six or seven movies will have something good in them!

Archived