Vacation (2015) - rebooted sequel of 80's classic

AlbertV

New Line Cinema is rebooting the now famous National Lampoon's Vacation, which centered around Clark W. Griswold and his family going on the vacation from hell to get to Wally World.

The new version will focus on the adult son of the original family, Rusty Griswold, as he and his family embark on the vacation from hell to the soon to be demolished Wally World. Clark and Ellen will return but to more supporting roles and yes, Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo will be reprising their trademark roles while it is still up in the air who will play Rusty (*cough* bring back Anthony Michael Hall or Jason Lively*cough*)

The tone of the film is to be more along the lines of "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" rather than the crude chaos of the original four films.

Producing will be Wedding Crashers and Shanghai Knights director David Dobkin.

Source: Dark Horizons

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm I read about this then saw that commercial, not sure how to feel about it, the Vacation movies have a special place in my heart, seeing the first one at the drive in in San Diego when I was a kid, the second was one of those movies I didn't care for when I first watched it but one of those movies that gets funnier with repeat viewings, definitely has a racier tone to it, Christmas vacation was hilarious, even the 4th has it's redeeming qualities if not the weakest of the series.

As long as they bring back Eddie:xd: Shitters full!

They have to bring back his brother!! haha

You mean Cousin Eddie, Ellen's cousin? Don't know if that's going to happen considering Randy Quaid's recent legal troubles. Eddie did get his own movie, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure I think was the full name. It was a made-for-TV film and its redeeming factor came in the form of Dana Barron, who returned to the role she originated, Audrey Griswold, after 2 decades and Eric Idle returning as the accident prone Brit from European Vacation in a cameo. Eddie and Catherine even have a son in the film named "Third" because he was named after Clark Griswold, who was actually Clark W. Griswold Jr. Wal-Mart has the DVD for $5.00

This movie I would see. Would especially love to see Anthony Michael Hall reprise his role. But, I doubt they'd even try to get him. And, i agree about Randy Quaid being in the film. He was the best thing about Vegas Vacation.

Here's the latest on the "Vacation" reboot:

Peter Segal, the man who directed the remakes of both THE LONGEST YARD and GET SMART, is being sought to direct the film. A second draft of the script was written by the writers behind HORRIBLE BOSSES and New Line is hoping to start production soon.

They are trying to get Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo to reprise their trademark Clark and Ellen Griswold in a cameo at the end of the film, while the focus will still remain on the now-adult Rusty Griswold.

Guest Markgway

Anthony Michael Hall was a funny comic actor back in the day. I'd be interested if he was starring. But I'm sure they'll go for someone less talented more commercial.

I always laugh at Euro Vacation's blatant (but let's be honest quite accurate) stereotypes.

sifu iron perm
Anthony Michael Hall was a funny comic actor back in the day. I'd be interested if he was starring. But I'm sure they'll go for someone less talented more commercial.

I always laugh at Euro Vacation's blatant (but let's be honest quite accurate) stereotypes.

damn right, plus the closing credits was pro "hacksaw jim duggan" Patriotic!

:tongue:

Euro Vacation was my favorite of the bunch also.

My favorite scene was when they are in Germany

Clark: There is it ..(sobs) my mother's land

Rusty: Dad, Grandma's from Chicago.

Clark: (sobs) Shut up, Russ.

Clark: There it is, Dimplestrehn. Ok what number are we looking for.

Audrey: Sechs, Daddy.

Clark: That will do Audrey.

Rusty: Dad, that's German for "six".

If they can get either Anthony Michael Hall or Blake Lively's half-brother Jason (who played Rusty in Euro), then I would definitely see it.

I think it really needs to keep the same tone and humour of the first one . otherwise what's the point?

Okay, an official update...shooting begins next week on the VACATION reboot in Louisiana.

Screenwriters John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein will make their directorial debuts on the film.

Ed Helms will be playing Rusty Griswold with Christina Applegate as his wife. Along with their sons, they head towards the soon to be demolished Walley World with the typical Griswold results...Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo are making a cameo appearance as the returning Clark and Ellen Griswold. Leslie Mann will play Audrey Griswold.

Not sure if they will be in it, but Chris Hemsworth is in negotiations to play Rusty's brother-in-law, an anchorman named Stone Crandall and Charlie Day is also in negotiations to play a river-rafting guide.

Release Date: July 31, 2015

And guess what kids? It's Rated R...a lot of the jokes are of the raunchy variety from what I understand and a recent screening of the trailer proved to be positive thanks to a certain Mr. Hemsworth

"Praise Marty Moose!!!"

For those who haven't seen it...here's the trailer to VACATION, coming out at the end of the month.

kleG7XCqOb4

Morgoth Bauglir

Gee what a great idea. I can't wait for the Christmas Vacation remake:angel: Pretty soon all movies will be remakes, spinoffs and comic book movies. No original ideas allowed.

Well I kind of accept this as a belated sequel rather than a direct remake. Plus Daley and Goldstein are good writers, I love Horrible Bosses so it'll be interesting to see how this turns out

Archived