Wang Yu's Tiger & Crane Fists (Savage Killers+)

shukocarl

I have a lousy dvdr of a NTSC tape converted to PAL with very washed out colours and full screen. Does anyone know of a decent version of this on sale (pref.dubbed)?

I think it's one of Jimmy's best and Lung Fei is a top notch villain (he usually is of course...). I would love to read/see an interview with him!

Thanks

Carl

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really killed me that the original movie wasn't included as an extra feature to the spoof "KUNG POW - Enter the Fist" by Steve Oedekerk. I'm sure they must have REMASTERED the entire original movie for the production of the spoof :(

Perhaps we can petition Steve/20th Century-Fox to release it ;)

It really killed me that the original movie wasn't included as an extra feature to the spoof "KUNG POW - Enter the Fist" by Steve Oedekerk. I'm sure they must have REMASTERED the entire original movie for the production of the spoof :(

Perhaps we can petition Steve/20th Century-Fox to release it ;)

I was thinking the same thing. However, I don't know if they had the print restored and remastered first then worked from there, or if they used the damage print to put in rough effects, then decided which scenes they wanted restored. I would hope the former, which would've made good sense to release the original film as one giant extra. Oh well :sad:

Guest Markgway

The version I have seems to be same as Carl's. Runs 81:59 with no logos and video generated title card. Not sure if that's a PAL transfer but it's quite short. Anyone know of a longer version?

Guest Markgway

There's a Mandarin version that runs 82:22 without title card.

Can anyone translate the missing names for me please?

Savage1.jpg

From left-to-right:

1. ??

2. ??

3. Lin Chiang

4. ??

5. Wang Yung-Sheng

6. Hsueh Han

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Lantern Street? Chang Yi and Jimmy Wang Yu. Looks interesting. Anyone seen it?

Archived