Wild, Wacky and Just Bad Fu Films

klepto

I was separating my subbed and dubbed fu movies and just popped one in to watch.

It was a horrible US version with shotguns, deep wind cuts, and jackhammers going off while the monk was practicing. Who ever did the voice acting had a horrible southern accent and the entire audio sounded like it was inside of a well.

Sometimes horrible movies are just fun to watch. I bought this movie that was 'banned in 36 countries' in Sam Goody years ago and the guy took a flag and threw it on the water and surfed. Seeing afros in kung fu movies is interesting and I am not talking about Jim Kelly.

I can't find the courage to get rid of these movies as they are so unique in their own way.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
I bought this movie that was 'banned in 36 countries' in Sam Goody years ago and the guy took a flag and threw it on the water and surfed.

Ha ha....it can only be 'Invincible Super Chan'! A great movie to watch with friends & a beer!

I had to go youtube searching, you are exactly right.

It has to be the worst kung fu movie in the world. Yet it is so horrible that

it is worth watching.

Enjoy.. The choreography is so horrible. Everyone is swordfighting in slow mo and the people in the back are waiting patiently for their turn to fight.

One Armed Boxer
Everyone is swordfighting in slow mo and the people in the back are waiting patiently for their turn to fight.

True, but that is also true of many other swordplay flicks from 1971, it was still early days.

I do remember being surprised that when Chan himself takes on an army of about 100 barely 15 minutes into the film...he busts a kimura on one of them, very surprising to see such a popular MMA move in a movie like this!

Special credit has to go to the bad guys weapon of choice though...a slinky!

sifu iron perm

There was a twisted and might i add strange one i saw, i think it was called, Pink Commando Force? I recall that it has many genres tied to the plot, some be it kung fu, western and exploitation etc.

Guess I like crap movies then... I enjoyed this one. :) Guess ones junk is my treasure.

I had to go youtube searching, you are exactly right.

It has to be the worst kung fu movie in the world. Yet it is so horrible that

it is worth watching.

Enjoy.. The choreography is so horrible. Everyone is swordfighting in slow mo and the people in the back are waiting patiently for their turn to fight.

I am going to vote for the Indonesian film "The Devils Sword". The film features god awful martial arts, wacky deaths, flying guillotines, lots of blood, dudes getting their legs chopped off, love scenes between people that involve absolutely no kissing poor fx and bad editing. Its like an Ed Wood film in a fantasy setting with martial arts thrown in.

There was a twisted and might i add strange one i saw, i think it was called, Pink Commando Force? I recall that it has many genres tied to the plot, some be it kung fu, western and exploitation etc.

That's from the "genius" of Chu Yen Ping, the guy that also gave us gems like Fantasy Mission Force. Definitely one of my least favorite directors.

But the "prize" has to go to pretty much anything directed by Godfrey Ho (aka Godfrey Hall). Some people like his movies as camp, but I think he is just a horrible director who only got some success by conning video distributors into thinking they were buying multiple movies that were just re-spliced versions of the same movie. He got something like 13 movies out of the footage he shot with the infamous "white ninja" Richard Harrison.

I can appreciate "good" bad movies, but Ho's movies aren't just poorly filmed and badly acted, they're just so goddamn boring.

My current vote for the worst of the worst is Catman:

catman4.jpg

http://www.hkfilm.net/movrevs3/catman.htm

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee
How come nobody mentioned this one? It's one of my favorite bad movies.

Perhaps because nobody could tolerate the awful dub?! I know I couldn't and hence have not made it past 10 minutes. I'll check it out on your recommendation!

The dub is bad but not the worst I've ever heard. That honor goes to Abbott White.

Try scanning through the talky parts of the movie and just watch the wacky bits. The last 15/20 mins is the best part IMO.

how about this one?

i saw this intro & thought i have to see this i think this is pretty good.

paJrJguguYg

Surprised you didn't run into my clip of "9 Demons."

And a friend of mine had a copy of "Abbot White" for me to borrow, so a clip of that is on its way! "Drunken Fist Boxing," with the same dubbers, is still in my bad dub top 10, but I have a new double-bill of hilarity: "Dragon Claws", with Hwang Jang Lee as the villain, and then "Dragon's Claws", with Hwang Jang Lee as the villain! That's not a humorous exaggeration, these are two separate movies!

I've got more than a few guilty pleasures, otherwise terrible films that without a funny dub and some decent fighting would be dumped from my collection; I consider "Chess Boxing" to be one of them.

I'd have to say that Jackie and the 36 Crazy fists defnitely falls under this category. One of the worst dubs I've heard. But hey, what can you expect for 1.50 at a flea market, right?

Archived