Which dvd version of Ip Man should I buy?

Bruce

I have the Universe 2 disc edition and I noticed at times there is images issues, but it seems a result of the camera's used to film the movie. In all I'm happy with the set as everything is subbed in English and it has the original language.

That being said the Chinese edition does look nice from the screen caps!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK BD actually looks quite good according to those caps. Colors seem to match more with the China version, which is probably how it should look. But for now, the Universe set will do just fine for me because the UK and HK BDs are bit too pricy for my liking.

UK is NTSC>PAL.

I do wonder how the Aussie release is, but maybe the best thing would be to see if a US release comes out - if Magnolia do it, it'll most likely be the best release (re-translated subtitles and possibly better image).

The Running Man

A Korean DVD I believe is also out. I wonder how the video is on that one.

Right now, the Aussie release might be the best bang for your buck for a DVD release. It like the UK release seems to have all the extras as the HK DVD with an additional exclusive extra on each respective release. But unlike the UK release, the running time on the Aussie release reveals it to be running on PAL speed, edging it over the UK release which is PAL but on NTSC speed. If anyone gets the Aussie release, please post up comments and even pictures to compare. :)

Guest WuxiaFan
UK is NTSC>PAL. I do wonder how the Aussie release is, but maybe the best thing would be to see if a US release comes out - if Magnolia do it, it'll most likely be the best release (re-translated subtitles and possibly better image).

Hey chen lung - what's your opinion of the HK Universe 2-disc version? Print, subs, audio, etc, etc. Thx!

:yociexp44:

Hey chen lung - what's your opinion of the HK Universe 2-disc version? Print, subs, audio, etc, etc. Thx!

:yociexp44:

Haven't got it:tongue:.

Archived