Props from the back lot of the Shaw Studios!

Monk Sante

I've obtained this photo from a FaceBook friend of mine who happens to work for Celestial Pictures in HK. Its a Buddha Statue I believe was used in several Shaw Brothers films. The statue is as tall as the building! She has several other photos from the old Shaw Brothers lot!

Amazing!

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://img686.imageshack.us/img686/6811/buddhae.jpg' alt='buddhae.jpg'>

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to say I seen this Statue in '8 diagram pole fighter' and 'Shaolin Intruders', can anyone confirm this?

I want this in my living room! The Buddha in 8DPF was gold, at least the one were he shaves his head.

I agree, maybe they left the statue out for about 30 years in the rain and sun? LOL :wink:

If they were to throw this statue on eBay im sure someone would pay big bucks to own it.

I would be surprised that objects of that size would have escaped the fire intact. Beware of scams!

No my friend......this is legit....I have more pics from the same lot. Remember I obtain these pics from an employee from Celestial pictures, inc. I have more I will be posting soon. I also got my hands on an original 'Heroic Ones' poster from 1970 and signed by David Chiang himself! :xd:

Killer Meteor
No my friend......this is legit....I have more pics from the same lot. Remember I obtain these pics from an employee from Celestial pictures, inc. I have more I will be posting soon. I also got my hands on an original 'Heroic Ones' poster from 1970 and signed by David Chiang himself! :xd:

There wasn't a fire, as far as I'm aware

Take a look at the IVL Box Art for Shaolin Intruders. I see the hands in the same position!!!

Good Catch! Yes, the picture is right on the box! I'll try to watch this flick tonight to see if I spot it anywhere. :smile:

Archived