Favorite Bruce Lee imitator?

MG Lerox

I NEVER, EVER, EVER!!!, said he looked like Bruce Lee. Dude, you're fairly new around these parts, and I guess "you don't know about me!" Well you better. Ask around, I only support the Real Deal, not the Bargain-Basement, Dime-A-Dozen, Dual-Pack, Odd Job fakos.:bigsmile: I don't give clones no luv.I made my comments based on Ho's experience in the industry at the time, his talent, though questionable, being better than those other bums, and the accessability he brought with several films under his belt imitating the un-imitatable.

And as far as your comment on Sammo not being the best A/C of his time, well he's pretty much up near whomever is considered the best.

Kim Tai Chung was a fair on-screen fighter at best. Sorry to hurt your "lil clonny feelins', but, that's about all... Partner.

:nerd:

I'd have to say Sammo. Enter the Fat Dragon was great, and his impressions of Bruce in Millionaire's Express and Skinny Tiger, Fatty Dragon were highlights of the respective films.

• Like 1

I NEVER, EVER, EVER!!!, said he looked like Bruce Lee. Dude, you're fairly new around these parts, and I guess "you don't know about me!" Well you better. Ask around, I only support the Real Deal, not the Bargain-Basement, Dime-A-Dozen, Dual-Pack, Odd Job fakos.:bigsmile: I don't give clones no luv.I made my comments based on Ho's experience in the industry at the time, his talent, though questionable, being better than those other bums, and the accessability he brought with several films under his belt imitating the un-imitatable.

And as far as your comment on Sammo not being the best A/C of his time, well he's pretty much up near whomever is considered the best.

Kim Tai Chung was a fair on-screen fighter at best. Sorry to hurt your "lil clonny feelins', but, that's about all... Partner.

:nerd:

If he doesn`t look like Bruce, why he should be in the movie? I don`t know who are you but i was in disscucions with some of the best Hong Kong cinema experts and i know most the stuff about clones. However because you are probably fan of Ho Chung Tao i`ll not say anything more but i`ll let you know that he will never been better than Kim Tai Jung.

... I don`t know who are you but i was in disscucions with some of the best Hong Kong cinema experts and i know most the stuff about clones...

There's something(?) to hang your hat on.:squigglemouth:

Experts aren't certified-are they?:nerd:

I do know a lil' about Li Siu Loong. I'm happy to have researched this man's life/career. Interesting ride, and quite a legacy left behind.

However because you are probably fan of Ho Chung Tao i`ll not say anything more but i`ll let you know that he will never been better than Kim Tai Jung.

Never claimed to be a fan of Mr. Ho. Acknowledged his career, that's that.

Will never be convinced of Mr. Kim being a better action film performer, than any of the HK Artists who made their living, day in and out on the grind during this era.

Alas, he's not Bruce Lee, doesn't look, sound, talk, walk, think, or FIGHT, like him! (Thank Heaven).

He's not the real deal, nor is Ho, or any of those assortments of Elvis-Like Impersonators.

I prefer Steak, and will pass on the Bologna.

I totaly agree with you, none of clones does not look, fight, act, walk, talk etc. like Bruce Lee, but here is word about finishing movie The Game of Death which is Bruce Lee`s movie and he needs a doubler, it is logic that actor who borrow body and face to Bruce must look like him.

Bruce-Lee.jpgChenYaoPo.jpg

This guy looks more like Bruce Lee than Ho Chung Tao

I totaly agree with you, none of clones does not look, fight, act, walk, talk etc. like Bruce Lee, but here is word about finishing movie The Game of Death which is Bruce Lee`s movie and he needs a doubler, it is logic that actor who borrow body and face to Bruce must look like him.

Bruce-Lee.jpgChenYaoPo.jpg

This guy looks more like Bruce Lee than Ho Chung Tao

Chen Yao Po was a HK businessman rafted in because he had (obviously) a look of Lee and could speak english. presumably he went back to his old job after the film wrapped.

& this is Chen Yao Po.

Here are some rare pictures if you guys like them please let me know

That picture of Kim Tai Chung from "Tower of Death" wearing the suit is really great, I've never seen it before and the first I've seen of him wearing such a suit in a promotional item for that film.. some lost/cut footage? .. Where did you get that?

Anyway thanks for sharing it.

For my preferences of the imitators, Kim Tai Chung, although we haven't seen much of him in his own right, I thought he was good with his fighting onscreen. Ho Chung Tao also, is a good martial artist and actor.

That picture of Kim Tai Chung from "Tower of Death" wearing the suit is really great, I've never seen it before and the first I've seen of him wearing such a suit in a promotional item for that film.. some lost/cut footage? .. Where did you get that?

Anyway thanks for sharing it.

For my preferences of the imitators, Kim Tai Chung, although we haven't seen much of him in his own right, I thought he was good with his fighting onscreen. Ho Chung Tao also, is a good martial artist and actor.

To be hones i don`t think that picture is from Tower of Death, but however there are some Korean sites where you can find many cool pictures of him just write his Korean name into the Google and i think that you should find it. I also found some infos like he was born in 1954 not 1943, also

Here are some more pictures:

B1835-02.jpg&iw=800&ih=600

B1378-09.jpg&iw=800&ih=600

I have searched using his Korean name, I found some photos from an interview and stills from "Miss, Please Be Patient" but not much more. I'll keep searching.. but I wonder if this photo with the suit is from another film then?

I rely don`t have idea from what film that photo could be, however as i hear Kim Tai Jung is trying to make his own martial arts film called "Yakuja"

Here is photo from Miss, Please be Patient.

B1835-18.jpg

I rely don`t have idea from what film that photo could be, however as i hear Kim Tai Jung is trying to make his own martial arts film called "Yakuja"

Here is photo from Miss, Please be Patient.

B1835-18.jpg

Yes, I'm waiting for that new film, as well as any chance of "Miss, Please Be Patient" getting released on DVD.

Thanks for the photo.

Well if our friends from FLK cinema get Miss, please be Patient they will probably put it for sale, only thing that we must do is to find that movie.

Here is one rare picture from Tower of Death i haven`t seen this scene in any of prints.

B1378-09.jpg

Thanks for the photo,

Korean Film Archive have two prints of the film, and it was also released on Video at one point, so hopefully it will turn up some time.

I know for VHS print, it was released in Korea:

tkv001679.jpg

Movie was also screened on 12. International Punch festival that is also good, so this stuff is not lost it i possible to get it. Someone must have it.

It`s strange that none choose Bruce Le as their favorite yet.

Bruce Li is tied with Bruce Le for me

Movie was also screened on 12. International Punch festival that is also good, so this stuff is not lost it i possible to get it. Someone must have it.

They also aired it at a Film Festival in the US.

I would have thought that after the recent attention to it in festivals, it might have been considered for release on DVD

They also aired it at a Film Festival in the US.

I would have thought that after the recent attention to it in festivals, it might have been considered for release on DVD

I also hope that will come out on DVD one day.

BlurayStation3

My favorite would have to be Kim Tai Chung since he most accurately imitates Bruce Lee's style of movement. Just look at him in GoD when he punches a thug, then pauses for a dramatic effect before shoving him down with a palm to the face. His final fight scene in GoD2/ToD was one of my favorites.

My favorite would have to be Kim Tai Chung since he most accurately imitates Bruce Lee's style of movement. Just look at him in GoD when he punches a thug, then pauses for a dramatic effect before shoving him down with a palm to the face. His final fight scene in GoD2/ToD was one of my favorites.

Clone Lover.

:khi4a:

Lol.

Yeah, I enjoy his fight scenes in that film and the little mannerisms as well like you said.

Yeah, I enjoy his fight scenes in that film and the little mannerisms as well like you said.

I also enjoyd Game of Death and Tower of Death very much, at the minute i`m trying to make an project with Game of Death deleteing all Bruce Lee scenes. I also think that Kim was pretty good in Bruce & Jackie to Rescue but final could be better.

Sounds like a good idea you have. The Korean version of "Tower of Death" has most of the Bruce Lee footage removed so already much better than the version that was released, just a shame it doesn't have subtitles to really follow the film.

He has done many films in Korea and there could be some great work we haven't seen yet, such as "Miss Please Be Patient". Just a matter of trying to get hold of the video tapes if they still exist.

Been looking for a while to see what could be out there, and I think I have tracked down a Korean film (Drama) that he had a supporting role in, from the early '90s after "No Retreat, No Surrender". Waiting to see if I can get a copy of the tape.

Sounds like a good idea you have. The Korean version of "Tower of Death" has most of the Bruce Lee footage removed so already much better than the version that was released, just a shame it doesn't have subtitles to really follow the film.

He has done many films in Korea and there could be some great work we haven't seen yet, such as "Miss Please Be Patient". Just a matter of trying to get hold of the video tapes if they still exist.

Been looking for a while to see what could be out there, and I think I have tracked down a Korean film (Drama) that he had a supporting role in, from the early '90s after "No Retreat, No Surrender". Waiting to see if I can get a copy of the tape.

Yeah about Korean Tower of Death it is real shame, however that movie from `90 is probably called "Take Off Your Headsets" I have`t research into that one so much, i`ll see what i can do in future and i`ll let you know.

One more thing Kim is builed on hkmdb to be stuntman in "Snuff Bottle Connection", i haven`t been able to see him there so his role was very small or hkmdb is wrong.