Favorite Bruce Lee imitator?

MG Lerox

TibetanWhiteCrane

That's a tricky question! Had you said Bruce CLONE, I would say Ho Chung Tao. But I guess guys like Bruce Leung and Kim Tai Jung could be percieved as Bruce IMITATORS in some films. In that case, I would go with Bruce Leung, who I think is a vastly superior screenfighter to any of the Bruce clones, and even superior to Bruce himself!

Ho Chung Tao aka Bruce Li for me is the best. It's too bad they didn't cast him as Bruce in Game of Death, it probably would've been an instant classic. :squigglemouth:

For me it`s Kim Tai Jung all the way, he is probably the best screen fighter and excellent actor i wish that he made more Kung Fu films.

Ho Chung Tao aka Bruce Li for me is the best. It's too bad they didn't cast him as Bruce in Game of Death, it probably would've been an instant classic. :squigglemouth:

Bruce Li as well for me too. As his filmography progressed, he began to find his own on screen persona and was able to branch out from strictly playing a "Bruce Lee character". Sometimes he'd play characters who were inspired by Bruce Lee (such as Wei Lung in Soul Brothers of Kung Fu, who blatantly says he saw Lee as an icon), but these were better than him playing Bruce Lee or a relative to a Bruce Lee character (although he did a damn good job as Chen Shen in Fist of Fury Part II). Plus in the one interview I saw him in, he sounds like a really laid back and humble guy.

Plus, he WAS supposed to be Lee's official double in Game of Death, but when he found out that he'd only be doing one third the doubling for Lee (just like Kim Tai Jong did), he walked. After all, Lee has an acting double (forgot his name), martial arts double (KTJ), and acrobat double (Yuen Biao) in Game of Death. Not to mention two voice doubles, with one being a voice actor and one a "battle yell" double. So in short, 5 people were used to "make" Bruce Lee for Game of Death :squigglemouth:

I see Game of Death much better with KTJ as fight doubler that Bruce Li, Li is ok but i think that Kim`s kick`s are much faster and stronger that Li`s. Also there is Yuen Biao who is great stutman in dangeorus scenes so i think that G.O.D did not lose anything when Bruce Li turned it down.

By the way acting doubler is called Chan Yao Po

mshengxiaolong
That's a tricky question! Had you said Bruce CLONE, I would say Ho Chung Tao. But I guess guys like Bruce Leung and Kim Tai Jung could be percieved as Bruce IMITATORS in some films. In that case, I would go with Bruce Leung, who I think is a vastly superior screenfighter to any of the Bruce clones, and even superior to Bruce himself!
Utter Bull.Leung is good but not that good.I give Leung credit for living longer and more time to hone his craft.

mshengxiaolong

Kim Tai Jung was the best kicker and he actually studied Bruce finer movements and gestures.I like Bruce Li because I'm bias for being a Wing Chun practitioner myself,but yes Kim does kick faster than James Ho (Bruce Li)

For all fans there one information, during some poll`s it was declared that:

Bruce Li is the most popular among the fans in Europe

Bruce Le among the fans in South America

And Dragon Lee in North America

Here are some rare pictures if you guys like them please let me know

B1378-04.jpg

kimtower.jpg

B1378-06.jpg

dragonleek1.jpg

B1378-07.jpg

B1378-02.jpg

LITEST222.jpg

TibetanWhiteCrane
Utter Bull.Leung is good but not that good.I give Leung credit for living longer and more time to hone his craft.

How can it be UTTER BULL when it's my opinion? And you did notice I said SCREENFIGHTER right? Not necessarily martial artist.

And it really must be so great to be a BL fan/defender. He "conveniently" died before empty hand choreo had a chance to really evolve. So you can all sit back, securely and claim that he was better than anyone who outlived him, and no one can ever prove you wrong:sad:

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

Let's face it Dragon Lee had even more muscle and camp value than Bruce, that's some achievement. I am also confident he has the highest nose thumbing to screen-time ratio of all clones. For these objective reasons he should be everyone's favourite, even taking Dragon Lives Again into consideration...

Apart from a quite different build & not one of the main 'clones of bruce lee' like Bruce Li, Bruce Le Dragon Lee ect

I like Sammo Hung's performance in Enter the Fat Dragon

qlIPHTAXBUo

zja-rkeXUxk

I see Game of Death much better with KTJ as fight doubler that Bruce Li, Li is ok but i think that Kim`s kick`s are much faster and stronger that Li`s. Also there is Yuen Biao who is great stutman in dangeorus scenes so i think that G.O.D did not lose anything when Bruce Li turned it down.

By the way acting doubler is called Chan Yao Po

It would have been fascinating to see Ho Chung Tao under Sammo's choreography for GOD. I've noticed whenever he had a decent choreographer behind him, his skill level picked up tremendously, i.e. Dynamo where the Yuen clan were A/C there. He was very flexible and agile, and was a stuntman early in his career, meaning he'd have been up to the task.

dynamop.jpg

This is the role that made me see him double Lee for GOD, prior to this, I couldn't wrap my thoughts around it:

B4IA_5isbGs

It would have been fascinating to see Ho Chung Tao under Sammo's choreography foe GOD. I've noticed whenever he had a decent choreographer behind him, his skill level picked up tremendously, i.e. Dynamo where the Yuen clan were A/C there. He was very flexible and agile, and was a stuntman early in his career, meaning he'd have been up to the task.

Ho Chung Tao in Dynamo:

dynamop.jpg

This is the role that made me see him double Lee for GOD, prior to this, I couldn't wrap my thoughts around it:

B4IA_5isbGs

OK now comporate that fight scene, with this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URs4-ppV6do&feature=related

Kim is much faster and along with Yuan they are perfect.

OK now comporate that fight scene, with this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URs4-ppV6do&feature=related

Kim is much faster and along with Yuan they are perfect.

You need to remember, Sammo was action director, and editor of those scenes; no one in the industry is better at that.

Check:

Enter The Fat Dragon

The Magnificent Butcher

The Victim

The Prodigal Son

and Yuen Biao was a part of at least three if not all of those.

Allow yourself to open up and think-just for a moment, Ho Chung Tao- action directed by Sammo? That would have been off the chain! I'm sorry.

I'm out.

• Like 1

Let`s face it Sammo Hung is`t greatest Action director of all times, there is no action director who can make from Bruce Li fleksibil person because he is`t it, G.O.D was Kim`s first movie and he was choosed from 10000 of candidats, and one more thing Bruce Li didn`t even look like Bruce Lee.

BruceLee2_974016ed391cdb80d7e358a0051522b5.jpglibruce_radC60E7.jpg

He is totaly different.