Kid Martial Arts Stars

AlbertV

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of doing a feature on child stars, those who got to whip some tail in classic kung fu films and modern martial arts action films. I'm trying to compile a list of some of the former kid action stars and today's kid action stars and try to see what they are up to nowadays.

Here's my list and feel free to add any information listed necessary:

Kane Kosugi

Ernie Reyes Jr.

Ted Jan Roberts

Michael Treanor

Jake Strickland

Taylor Lautner

Wong Yat-Lung

David Cho

Ashton Chen (Sik Siu Lung)

Xie Miao

Sasisa Jindamanee

Boo Boo Stewart (played the young Rick Yune character in The 5th Commandment and his father is veteran stuntman/actor Nils Allen Stewart)

Leo Howard (played young Snake Eyes in GI Joe)

Brandon Soo Hoo (played young Storm Shadow in GI Joe and kicked Jack Black's butt in Tropic Thunder)

Any more you guys can think of would be helpful :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingofkungfu2002

Edan Gross (played Eric Robert's son 'Walter Grady' in Best Of The Best 1&2)

Angie Tsang Sze-Man (Iron Monkey)

the little white kid from House of Fury who was sick with the staff...

Bruce Lee lol dont forget he was a child actor!

the little white kid from House of Fury who was sick with the staff...

Bruce Lee lol dont forget he was a child actor!

That would be Jake Strickland :)

Yup, forgot about Angie Tsang (and her husband is a friend of mine online LOL) and yeah I wonder what happened to Edan Gross. Simon Rhee done train him well for BoB 2.

The girl from Iron Monkey, who played the young Wong Fei Hung.

曾思敏 Angie Tsang Sze-Man

Is she still acting?

No, she is no longer acting. She is a police officer for the Hong Kong Police and has continued competing in tournaments. She is married to another officer, Sidney Chan, and has a daughter, Winsome, who will turn 2 in May.

the Cub from Lone Wolf and Cub?

Akihiro Tomikawa(films) & Katzutaka Nishikawa(tv)

No, she is no longer acting. She is a police officer for the Hong Kong Police and has continued competing in tournaments. She is married to another officer, Sidney Chan, and has a daughter, Winsome, who will turn 2 in May.

I heard she "retired from competitive wushu"? I think Iron Monkey was her only acting role?

Akihiro Tomikawa(films) & Katzutaka Nishikawa(tv)

I heard she "retired from competitive wushu"? I think Iron Monkey was her only acting role?

Yeah I think after 2006 she retired from competition. I believe this was her final competition, the 2006 World Wushu Championships in Doha, Qatar

MxX-6UnHZ20

Yeah that kid was insane. think he's Kei Kong-Hung, he was also in HK Godfathers.

other top biy kids: Meng Hoi and Meng Yuan Man and that little kid from 8 masters think he was called Lin Xiao Fu

girl kids, Lin Xiao Lou -the actress from Child of peach.

You might include Ou Ti, Wong Yat-Lung's costar in Fists of Dragons/Karate Kids Break Away and Cunning Kids. Both did a lot of movies about 1980, then dropped out of sight.

An early Jet Li film, 'Kids from Shaolin' includes a lot of young acrobats, I haven't looked to see if any of them continued in film. Come to think of it, it would be nice to know what became of the cast of 'Painted Faces', I haven't found much for later credits for them, either.

There was a series of five or six movies with a 'Kung Fu Kids' label, I've only seen part of one (stumbled across it in progress late, late one night on Deep Cable while at a hotel). Some of those kids were doing well, including one dead-on copy of a Jackie Chan 'Drunken Master' routine. I'm looking for copies of that series, btw.

lightning hopkins

Those two kids in the training scenes from the original Born to Fight bust quite a few nice moves under the auspices of our man Panna. And the boy takes the roughest bump I've seen on someone that young in a film (assuming there's not a stunt-double...and it didn't appear to me that there was). The Sasisa-toss stunt in the remake looks like literal child's-play in comparison!

Those two kids in the training scenes from the original Born to Fight bust quite a few nice moves under the auspices of our man Panna. And the boy takes the roughest bump I've seen on someone that young in a film (assuming there's not a stunt-double...and it didn't appear to me that there was). The Sasisa-toss stunt in the remake looks like literal child's-play in comparison!

I got to find out their names, but they both appeared in Spirited Killer as well,

How about that kid from Demon and the Lute, he was also in Pop's Lady is the Boss in a brief kick boxing scene.

Title sounded interesting, so I found a clip on youtube... has to be one of the stranger things I've ever seen, I'll have to find a copy of the whole thing! :smile:

This kid has been gaining some attention lately. Leo Howard has played "Young Snake Eyes" in G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA, "Young Conan" in CONAN THE BARBARIAN, and has his own martial arts-themed sitcom on Disney, KICKIN' IT!

51679-leo_howard_2__crop-landscape-534x0.jpg

He holds a black belt in Shorin-Ryu karate and is trained in XMA as well.

e62j4zoUUyg

Then there's Booboo Stewart, who is currently best known as Seth Clearwater in THE TWILIGHT SAGA. Stewart is the son of veteran Hollywood stuntman Nils Allen Stewart and was inducted into the Martial Arts Junior Hall of Fame in 2004, having winning the Junior Martial Arts World Championships in 2002 and 2003.

I96EeDiwEa0

u already have these listed but

Big fan of Ernie Reyes jr

he had a new movie called Red Canvas i liked , was able to find it online awhile back to watch but i guess it Never got realesed on dvd? cause id like to have it on my shelf lol

and he has a new one but i havnt heard or seen much from it called, Submission with Ving rhames in it.

and i really liked Xie Miao aka Miu Tse in legend of the red dragon and the Enforcer aka my father the hero as Jet li's son, he has a new one grown up i wanna see but havnt yet called, Champions

all three original 3 ninjas not the 4th were/are some of my fave flicks i own them, but i know none of those kids still do m-a movies im pretty sure.

hm, would u want to include jayden smith in this list since u have lautner, jaden went hard to learn for the kk remake and was ripped, and im sure theres gonna be a sequal.

and iunno how young were talking about but jet was pretty young in the shaolin temple movies.

ShaOW!linDude

he had a new movie called Red Canvas i liked , was able to find it online awhile back to watch but i guess it Never got realesed on dvd? cause id like to have it on my shelf lol

and he has a new one but i havnt heard or seen much from it called, Submission with Ving rhames in it.

Been wanting to see that 1st one myself. A couple of years ago I came across it on Amazon. Couldn't get it at the time. Went back a month or so later, no trace of it anywhere. Wonder what happened with it.

I'd forgotten about that 2nd one you mentioned.

u already have these listed but

I have a screener of it in widescreen, PAL format, with the timer showing at the bottom. :bigsmile:

Archived