War of the Shaolin Temple (1980)

Guest morgoth

Guest morgoth

Who is the star of 'War of the Shaolin Temple'? What other movies is he in? It feels like I recognize him, but he may just be another mainland no name actor.

Guest morgoth

Wow, this movie is really getting good all of a sudden. Is this drunken monk bartender the teacher from Seven Steps of Kung Fu?

This has to be the guy from Seven Steps, man he is awesome!

Brigadier Chow

Yes, thats Chia Kai, here are some other movies that showcased him:

Of Cooks and Kung Fu

Mars Villa

37 Plots of Kung Fu

Two Assassins of Darkness

Dance of Death

Brigadier Chow

37 Plots is kind of weak in terms of the stupid comedy it contains, but it one of the few movies that Chia Kai is the main villain.

Guest thundered mantis

I´ve always been a huge fan of Chia Kai, but I have never seen Dance of Death. I think this movie was going to be re-released by Joy Sales or similar?

Anyway, Chia Kai also shines in Method Man, and has maybe the best fight on Two Champions from Shaolin. I think he can be seen in other Venoms films, usually as a second grade henchman (if I´m right, he is also in Daredevils)

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

Chia Kai isn't in the Venoms films mate, I think you are confusing him with Yu Tai Ping the ratty looking mini venom who throws the knives in 2 Champions?

Chia Kai is class, also check out 7 Steps of KF, one of the best indie shapes films ever.

Guest Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

Mantis Under Falcon's Claws anyone? :D

I'm frankly a bit worried nobody has mentioned this classic...

Guest thundered mantis
I think you are confusing him with Yu Tai Ping the ratty looking mini venom who throws the knives in 2 Champions?

Mate, you´re absolutely right! :D I´ve checked the pictures in the hkcinemagic site and I had those two mixed together. I must be like the worst physionomist ever, ´cause years ago I also thought that Chung Fa and Dai Sai An were the same guy, until someone pointed me at the right direction! :lol

Well, at least both Chia Kai and Yu Tai are great on screen fighters!

Guest dager in the cotton

re matis fists

yeah the Peter chen v Chia kai fight was wicked,

Chia Kai's best imo was Mehtod man when he battered the Majistrate.

for actin Mars villa he was great in that.

cook he did great forms.

Guest Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee
I have never heard anythign good about that movie but I will have to check it out sometime.

There probably is a reason for that. I use classic in the loosest possible sense. The ending was absolutely hilarious though, I think the director realised what a terrible job he had done so far so spoofed his own film.

Yang Wu Liang

Has anyone got any images for 'War of the Shaolin Temple' aka '13 Poles from Shaolin' aka ' Monks Go Crazy'.

Preferably a lobby card, poster, magazine scan or the old VHS artwork but anything'll do really.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1