Format Wars:

klepto

I've watched rare kung fu flicks in various formats. If you are at least 30 I am sure you have too. Do you think that dvd's will be going out of style anytime soon? I watched movies on Laserdisk, VHS, BetaMax, VCD, SVCD, DVD and now BluRay. I have simple needs, portability is very important. I'd like to have my entire collection on a small small box with an hdmi cable with hot swappable raid drives for safety. Many publishers of HD content are now adding portable versions as well.

What do you think the future media will be?

EDIT: Here's the thread.. I'll continue there

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
I've watched rare kung fu flicks in various formats. If you are at least 30 I am sure you have too. Do you think that dvd's will be going out of style anytime soon? I watched movies on Laserdisk, VHS, BetaMax, VCD, SVCD, DVD and now BluRay. I have simple needs, portability is very important. I'd like to have my entire collection on a small small box with an hdmi cable with hot swappable raid drives for safety. Many publishers of HD content are now adding portable versions as well.

What do you think the future media will be?

Hi Klepto. Good question. But there is a really nice thread on this subject already. I know Mark (Pollard) was saying a lot of interesting stuff there. If you go to "forum members", click on his name, and under "statistics" choose "posts by", you can scroll through there and you'll surely find it.

Archived