trying to find a movie

martas

Hi all,

I've been trying to find a movie that I saw a long time ago, with no luck. I'd be great if someone can help.

The only thing I remember about the movie clearly is that one of the characters had a sword that, when exposed to direct moonlight, would be able to shoot these laser-like thingies. I realize that that's not exactly kung-fu, but I'm pretty desperate...

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

check out Sword Stained with Royal Blood from 1993. I can't remember if Danny Lee's sword is powered by the sun or the moon, but it may be the movie you are looking for. Great movie btw. My favorite in the wuxia genre.

Morgoth Bauglir

Wow you must have been waiting very patiently. Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. Here's a version that's on Amazon- http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Stained-Royal-Blood/dp/B000062XIB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1266730332&sr=8-1

You may want to see if someone knows the quality of this release. I've had some bad experiences with World Video. I have a version from a company called Tung Ah (another name for Mei Ah?). I'm assuming the Wolrd Video version is the same, I just can't say for sure.

thanks, i'll check it out.

though unfortunately after watching a few short clips on youtube, i realize just how crappy the effects that seemed so wonderful back then really are... :...[

Archived