Ong Bak 3 Teaser Trailer

VenomsFan

GREAT INTERVIEW BY JACKIE CHAN! He really hit the nail on the head speaking about Tony Jaa.

?? eh? thers an interview? Wasnt their one where Jackie said he wanted Jaa for Rush Hour 3?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lillippa328: scroll up a little "VenomsFan" posted it.

ahhh thanks

good intereview!!!! I would LOVE to see a modern day joint film with hem, shit would be tight!!

Man, reading all of this is funny. Thailand resentment. Jaa resentment. Is anyone thinking about what they are saying before they hit submit?

Bruce Lee collectors? Chan collectors? Jaa collectors? Bruce was dead and gone by the time you were born probably. Everything you saw was past work. Your knowledge of him prob. came from watching his eng dubbed movies. By the time many really saw Chan, it was probably the 90s. How much had he already done by then? Sure you may or may not have seen Battle Creek Brawl, Cannonball Runs and The Protector movies.

The point? You're experiencing Jaa as its happening. You didn't experince Bruce in the moment. You didn't experience Chan's heights in the moment. You weren't experiencing Sammo's output in the moment. If you were and you are as spoiled as you are now, you probably be ripping into those as well. Would you be going gaga over AoG if it came out today?

Jaa has yet to fill his career's catalog the way others have. Yet you compare his short 3 pictures as star and 1(2) as director against an icon that's been dead for over 3 decades and another that's been making movies for that long. There's not a catalog deep enough to be a collector over. He's an international star that's still growing, just getting control over what he does. Relax. You can your friends can talk about your Jaa collection in 13 years.

Great interview with Jackie!. I always wondered what he thinks of Jaa, but never came across his opinion so listening to JC was very enjoyable.

Here's the living legend, fan of action films himself, recalling the first time watching Jaa's movie. Priceless. He also made a good point - Jaa combined the bast ideas tested by time - fights, acrobatics, stunts, comedy and got an amazing result. Now he just have to invent something of his own, like Jackie did with comedy and use of environment.

D1 Ma: That's all true what you said. And BaronK your right about that also my 1st. time seeing Jackie Chan was in Cannon Ball Run and then Battle Creek Brawl. But When I see Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon on the Big Screen I was like OMG! So it really is sad that a lot of films are still compared to Enter the Dragon. But Yeah that is a Great Movie!

Enter the Dragon is nearly 40 years old!

And I think Jackie's interview sums it up pretty well. Jaa's impact moving forward on the genre. It's all good things...

GREAT INTERVIEW BY JACKIE CHAN! He really hit the nail on the head speaking about Tony Jaa.

I gotta agree and if Chan and Jaa do work on a "Police Story" like film as Chan wants to do, I am all game for it. :) Heck, Jackie, can I write the script??? :wink:

Did anyone see this teaser image:

2010_01_13_01_Ong_Bak_3.jpg

I pay my respects to those who have came before, but Jaa blew the fuckin lid off with Ong Bak 2, can't wait for the 3rd one! When does this get released in Thailand?

Man, reading all of this is funny. Thailand resentment. Jaa resentment. Is anyone thinking about what they are saying before they hit submit?

There is a difference between resentment and calling out fans for overrating somebody and swallowing the hype. Jaa has not had a single theatrical hit. Bruce, Jet, Jackie and Sammo had hits outside of Hong Kong.

Bruce Lee collectors? Chan collectors? Jaa collectors? Bruce was dead and gone by the time you were born probably. Everything you saw was past work. Your knowledge of him prob. came from watching his eng dubbed movies. By the time many really saw Chan, it was probably the 90s. How much had he already done by then? Sure you may or may not have seen Battle Creek Brawl, Cannonball Runs and The Protector movies.

Bruce and Jackie were huge in Japan and other markets before the US success. Bruce was massive straight out of the gate. His image was on the cover of every martial arts magazine every year until ten years ago when Concorde Moon copyrighted his image. Tons of exploitation movies and book capitalized on his all-too brief life. Plenty of bozos claim to teach Bruce's art. When you say his name, people think "kung fu" even if they've never seen his films. That's a legend.

Tony Jaa is big with people who buy dvds and chapter skip to the fight scenes, because there is no story holding anything together.

The point? You're experiencing Jaa as its happening. You didn't experince Bruce in the moment. You didn't experience Chan's heights in the moment. You weren't experiencing Sammo's output in the moment. If you were and you are as spoiled as you are now, you probably be ripping into those as well. Would you be going gaga over AoG if it came out today?

I DID experience Chan and Sammo as they were happening. Bruce died a year after I was born, but his legend could still be felt. When I was a kid, ENTER THE DRAGON was rereleased every year to grindhouse theaters, and his other films still play in regular rotation at drive-ins. They were kept off television to maintain the mystique and seeing his movies with an audience was something else. ONG BAK 1 & 2 and THE PROTECTOR were dumped on dvd as fast as possible because they bombed. And I wasn't crazy about AOG because it was a mediocre movie. Plot holes galore and reeked of massive reshooting. But I'm realizing you Jaa fans don't care if his movies suck shit, you just want your fight scenes.

But I'm realizing you Jaa fans don't care if his movies suck shit, you just want your fight scenes.

Whats wrong with that?

I DID experience Chan and Sammo as they were happening. Bruce died a year after I was born, but his legend could still be felt. When I was a kid, ENTER THE DRAGON was rereleased every year to grindhouse theaters, and his other films still play in regular rotation at drive-ins. They were kept off television to maintain the mystique and seeing his movies with an audience was something else. ONG BAK 1 & 2 and THE PROTECTOR were dumped on dvd as fast as possible because they bombed. And I wasn't crazy about AOG because it was a mediocre movie. Plot holes galore and reeked of massive reshooting. But I'm realizing you Jaa fans don't care if his movies suck shit, you just want your fight scenes.

Are you talking about bombing in the US or Thailand? If Thailand is the answer, I'm quite sure they didn't bomb. With the Protector and Ong Bak 2, they both took well over a year after they were released in Thailand to reach the US. Thats not what I call as fast as possible. I agree that Jaa is over-rated but that doesn't mean he's bad. Ong Bak 2 was his greatest effort yet. If the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the making of the film didn't take place then the movie would have been all the more better. (Not that it isn't bad in the first place.)

What people don't realize is that with his movies, Jaa is trying to respond to the critcism. They said he was too repetitive, and he mixed a lot of styles and weapons. They said his movies had no plot, he made up quite an interesting story. They said he couldn't act, he took extra acting lessons and is showing more emotion (even though he still doesn't say much.) They said he uses too much slow motion, he toned it down a bit. For god sakes, the man is trying. He's not there yet, but he's moving along nicely. You can't please everyone.

I agree ^ he does respond well to critism, and because of that we got the great Ong Bak 2 :)

Spectacular film! What pisses me off is the amount of people that love ong bak 1 and tyg but hated ong bak 2 lol its like...backwards

Are you talking about bombing in the US or Thailand? If Thailand is the answer, I'm quite sure they didn't bomb. With the Protector and Ong Bak 2, they both took well over a year after they were released in Thailand to reach the US. Thats not what I call as fast as possible. I agree that Jaa is over-rated but that doesn't mean he's bad. Ong Bak 2 was his greatest effort yet. If the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the making of the film didn't take place then the movie would have been all the more better. (Not that it isn't bad in the first place.)

I'm talking about the US. Bruce Lee's first two films took two years to reach the US and RETURN OF THE DRAGON wasn't released in the US until 1974 or '75!

ONG BAK 2 is ok, it has a passable plot, he still needs to work on his acting as he projects no personality whatsoever on screen. There are some jaw-droppingly good fights, but I need more than that to warrant legend or classic status. ONG BAK 3 will be the litmus test. I'm assuming it was made under better circumstances, so I hope it offers more than the trailer promises, which looks like outtakes from OB 2.

Once again, you have to think about what you're saying first. Why? Bruce died in '73. His stuff played in grindhouse theaters. Ok. Why? No vhs, no internet, no dvd, no torrents. No theater screen bootlegs.

Chan? Most of what the world saw was Cannonball Run 1 & 2 and maybe but not likely, Battlecreek Brawl and maybe The Protector. Why? His stuff didn't play on tv like Bruce's stuff and the WW & World Northal packges did. When he was the king through the 80s, his current stuff was unseen by most of us here. No internet. No discussion boards. No tape trading. No torrents. Through the 80s, when Chan and Sammo were in their moments, we were watching Venoms, and John Liu and Chuck Norris and Bruce and Bruce imitators and Ti Lung and ninja movies. Seeing Chan's REAL stuff came late for most of the world, as no one had access to his stuff. He wasn't being playing in higher end theaters. The kickboxing/stunt craze didn't happen worldwide until the 90s when we finally had access to it. The same is to be said about the herioc blooshed era. By then OUaTiC was about to drop.

We are living Jaa in the moment. We know what he's doing, when it will be done, whose in it, and what its going to look like. We are talking about it and him as he's doing his work. We are seeing him on torrents, youtube, websites, fansites, bootleg dvd, legit dvds, in NON grindhouse theaters. Everyone all over the world knows about him right now. He's been to and been on Japanese tv, chinese tv, frech tv, english tv, performed at halftime at nba arenas with his crew. We have full access to and about him in a flash via the internet, in the moment. Its easier for a picture to NOT make money in the states after a majority of its target audience has alread seenand.or probably already owns the movie on dvd. We've seen it a year or more earlier than it comes out. His impact can be seen by his influence on those that have used his chor. style to make vids on youtube and how so many are using his style as a base for Thai action movies. We can see all of this in the moment. We are all experiencing it.

What's the difference? The internet and being here connected to the world in the moment that it's happening.

There was no vhs to see Bruce on. No youtube to see his fights on. No discussion groups to talk about him on. To see him, you had to go see him. He was larger than life and dynamic in really bad movies directed by Lo Wei. IF you were old enough to go, grindhouse was the way in the moment. For the rest of us, his impact was just the same but we were seeing him on tv and later on vhs, dubbed. By the time most of us saw Super Ninjas it was late mid 80s. It came out in '82. The world wasn't seeing these movies or their stars in the moment. By the time we did, they had created their catalogs. We've seen Jaa take his first steps as a star. We've seen Jaa take his first step as a director. He has yet to compile his catalog. He has made his splash, worldwide. He has played in real theaters, yet he is just starting. It's in us to want to compare everything all the friggin time but Jaa to a early dying legend and Jaa to a 50 + year old star is to early as a whole. Oh and lets not act like Bruce and Jackie made really good movies. Jackie is no storyteller. His stuff was based on fun not stories. Bruce and Lo Wei = just Bruce.

I'm talking about the US. Bruce Lee's first two films took two years to reach the US and RETURN OF THE DRAGON wasn't released in the US until 1974 or '75!

ONG BAK 2 is ok, it has a passable plot, he still needs to work on his acting as he projects no personality whatsoever on screen. There are some jaw-droppingly good fights, but I need more than that to warrant legend or classic status. ONG BAK 3 will be the litmus test. I'm assuming it was made under better circumstances, so I hope it offers more than the trailer promises, which looks like outtakes from OB 2.

Well from what I recall, Lee wasn't a phenomenal actor either. I'm not saying he was a bad one, because he never really had much time to develop his acting skills like Jet and Jackie. I think Bruce Lee's powerful screen presence made up for that area to most people.

To lillippa328:

I never got that with supposed martial arts or Jaa fans. Ong Bak 2 is definatly a better movie in both story and action than Ong Bak and The Protector, but people still praise the latter and hate on Ong Bak 2. It's very strange to me. A lot of the shots and locations in Ong Bak 2 felt very hollywood like to me. (It shows that some serious money and direction was put into it.) Jaa even had some trouble while fighting in Ong Bak 2 unlike Ong Bak which was basically an extended demo real for him. People confuse me sometimes...

To BaronK:

You speak the truth. It's hard for most people to admit it, but Bruce Lee's movies weren't that good. It was him that made his movies. He was the great one, not the movies themselves.Take him out and all you have is trash. Would Enter the Dragon really have been that good if you replaced Lee with another actor or martial artist? I doubt it.

Once again, you have to think about what you're saying first. Why? Bruce died in '73. His stuff played in grindhouse theaters. Ok. Why? No vhs, no internet, no dvd, no torrents. No theater screen bootlegs.

What's your point? If the technology existed in Bruce's time he would still be huge because no one had that type of screen image before. Bruce combined the physical look of a Steve Reeves (champion bodybuilders of the time idolized Bruce's physique because the definition that wasn't as common in the sport), a fighting ability that was unseen on the screen at the time (and any martial arts school owner will tell you Bruce was a boom for business) and the Chinese pride of a Jimmy Wang Yu in more charisimatic package. I see no cross cultural appeal in Jaa. Fight fans like him and that's it.

Chan? Most of what the world saw was Cannonball Run 1 & 2 and maybe but not likely, Battlecreek Brawl and maybe The Protector. Why? His stuff didn't play on tv like Bruce's stuff and the WW & World Northal packges did. When he was the king through the 80s, his current stuff was unseen by most of us here. No internet. No discussion boards. No tape trading. No torrents. Through the 80s, when Chan and Sammo were in their moments, we were watching Venoms, and John Liu and Chuck Norris and Bruce and Bruce imitators and Ti Lung and ninja movies. Seeing Chan's REAL stuff came late for most of the world, as no one had access to his stuff. He wasn't being playing in higher end theaters. The kickboxing/stunt craze didn't happen worldwide until the 90s when we finally had access to it. The same is to be said about the herioc blooshed era. By then OUaTiC was about to drop.

Once again, what's your point? Chan's golden age from the late 70s to 1990 are a steady stream of mostly good to great movies. Jaa takes three years to make each shitty movie with good to great fight scenes. Understand the difference? Or do I have to repeat myself again and again?

We are living Jaa in the moment. We know what he's doing, when it will be done, whose in it, and what its going to look like. We are talking about it and him as he's doing his work. We are seeing him on torrents, youtube, websites, fansites, bootleg dvd, legit dvds, in NON grindhouse theaters. Everyone all over the world knows about him right now. He's been to and been on Japanese tv, chinese tv, frech tv, english tv, performed at halftime at nba arenas with his crew. We have full access to and about him in a flash via the internet, in the moment. Its easier for a picture to NOT make money in the states after a majority of its target audience has alread seenand.or probably already owns the movie on dvd. We've seen it a year or more earlier than it comes out. His impact can be seen by his influence on those that have used his chor. style to make vids on youtube and how so many are using his style as a base for Thai action movies. We can see all of this in the moment. We are all experiencing it.

Bullshit. WOLVERINE was bootlegged for months before opening but still had good box office. If chop sockey fans aren't seeing Jaa's movies in the theaters because they watched 'em online then that shows he doesn'y inspire any fan loyalty.

What's the difference? The internet and being here connected to the world in the moment that it's happening.

Excuses, excuses.

There was no vhs to see Bruce on. No youtube to see his fights on. No discussion groups to talk about him on. To see him, you had to go see him. He was larger than life and dynamic in really bad movies directed by Lo Wei. IF you were old enough to go, grindhouse was the way in the moment. For the rest of us, his impact was just the same but we were seeing him on tv and later on vhs, dubbed. By the time most of us saw Super Ninjas it was late mid 80s. It came out in '82. The world wasn't seeing these movies or their stars in the moment. By the time we did, they had created their catalogs. We've seen Jaa take his first steps as a star. We've seen Jaa take his first step as a director. He has yet to compile his catalog. He has made his splash, worldwide. He has played in real theaters, yet he is just starting. It's in us to want to compare everything all the friggin time but Jaa to a early dying legend and Jaa to a 50 + year old star is to early as a whole. Oh and lets not act like Bruce and Jackie made really good movies. Jackie is no storyteller. His stuff was based on fun not stories. Bruce and Lo Wei = just Bruce.

Jaa has been in the industry for over a decade, hence the cheap cash-in dvd releases George Tan is throwing out there. He has taken a long time to make unimpressive movies. I love this new fan revisionism that Bruce and Jackie made terrible movies. Bruce was a far superior talent in terms of filmmaking and storytelling. Watch WAY OF THE DRAGOn and it's an excellent Chinese action comedy. Chan understood storytelling and there is an experimentation and excitement in forging new ground in most of his 80s work that I don't see with Jaa.

Well from what I recall, Lee wasn't a phenomenal actor either. I'm not saying he was a bad one, because he never really had much time to develop his acting skills like Jet and Jackie. I think Bruce Lee's powerful screen presence made up for that area to most people.

What are you talking about? Bruce was an acclaimed and popular child actor in Hong Kong. Christ, do fans ever read books anymore? His acting isn't considered the standard by Western acting tradition, but Chinese acting is a very different style.

You speak the truth. It's hard for most people to admit it, but Bruce Lee's movies weren't that good. It was him that made his movies. He was the great one, not the movies themselves.Take him out and all you have is trash. Would Enter the Dragon really have been that good if you replaced Lee with another actor or martial artist? I doubt it.

Replace Jaa in any of his movies and there would be no difference. That's the difference between Jaa and Bruce.

What are you talking about? Bruce was an acclaimed and popular child actor in Hong Kong. Christ, do fans ever read books anymore? His acting isn't considered the standard by Western acting tradition, but Chinese acting is a very different style.

Replace Jaa in any of his movies and there would be no difference. That's the difference between Jaa and Bruce.

People take what they hear from Concord Moon and run with it. Imagine ETD starring Ed Parker or Mike Stone. Watch Force: Five. You'll see it.

I love this new fan revisionism that Bruce and Jackie made terrible movies.

Just like WWE fans will eat up whatever they dish out. WWE has been known for revising history and the fans just take it. There are rasslin' fans and they are WWE fans. The former know the history and can look outside the machine. The latter only knows what the company tells them.

Just like WWE fans will eat up whatever they dish out. WWE has been known for revising history and the fans just take it. There are rasslin' fans and they are WWE fans. The former know the history and can look outside the machine. The latter only knows what the company tells them.

WWE sucks today...I still watch it, but barley...i usually just have it on in the back....its unwatchable atm...

i loved the 90s!

Archived