Ong Bak 3 Teaser Trailer

VenomsFan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap!

Should be awesome. While Ong Bak2 was a bit of a downer because of the abrupt ending, OB3 will continue the story and I feel that OB2 and OB3 together will make a solid, coherent, epic action masterpiece. They should be released as one 3 hrs long movie

it looks like OB2, which is not good for me

you have to appreciate what has been before my friend.

no question if this stayed as Jaa's original project (directing, 3 hours) we would have a different response.

there's no question in my mind this was Jaa's vision. just the directing style shows it's not from Jaa's main director. that footage of him with detailed drawn out storyboards says alot.

in a way it will be better than before. because this footage in this trailer was originally from the movie's grande finale. now more elements are used (like Jaa vs himself, vs. Dan Chupong (sp?) and the budget made from OB2's success.

Yen has done what Jet Li has done. But no one is doing what Jaa is right now (I know.. another thread)

Yen has done what Jet Li has done.

What a joke.

Jet's work doesn't come nowhere near the stuff Yen has done in these past 5 years. Jet hasn't and doesn't do real styles (when he attempts, it looks very weird) other than that he's taught in onscreen; not MMA, not wing chun, kickboxing, and not improvisational rhythmic choreography for that matter. Jet also isn't a creator, he just does.

But no one is doing what Jaa is right now

The trend is there. Anyone knows the movies.

you have to appreciate what has been before my friend.

no question if this stayed as Jaa's original project (directing, 3 hours) we would have a different response.

there's no question in my mind this was Jaa's vision. just the directing style shows it's not from Jaa's main director. that footage of him with detailed drawn out storyboards says alot.

in a way it will be better than before. because this footage in this trailer was originally from the movie's grande finale. now more elements are used (like Jaa vs himself, vs. Dan Chupong (sp?) and the budget made from OB2's success.

Yen has done what Jet Li has done. But no one is doing what Jaa is right now (I know.. another thread)

i didnt like OB 2.. i was bored to death while i was sitting in the cinema. Some fights were good, some (most of them) were not.

I know that it was not the Jaa's cut but i didnt like it... i dunno if i could have stood 3 hours of Jaa's action... xD

What I meant is this.

Yen and Li have done/are both doing the typical ancient warlord movie or the historical chinese hero movie.

Yes, few are able to duplicate Jaa's movies - run and jump ala Jackie Chan. Lately seen in Merentau. But the art of Muay Thai with Thai culture not Chinese which in my opinion is done to death. Name a movie either of them have done that Jaa is doing right now.

The buck stopped with Ong Bak 2/3 series. Jaa has set himself separate from the rest.

What a joke.

Jet's work doesn't come nowhere near the stuff Yen has done in these past 5 years. Jet hasn't and doesn't do real styles (when he attempts, it looks very weird) other than that he's taught in onscreen; not MMA, not wing chun, kickboxing, and not improvisational rhythmic choreography for that matter. Jet also isn't a creator, he just does.

The trend is there. Anyone knows the movies.

I hear you fiol. The movie is either hit or miss with some people. Overall his movies are a refreshing take on the martial arts genre, which was pretty stagnant and run of the mill actioners we've seen for more than a decade now.

i didnt like OB 2.. i was bored to death while i was sitting in the cinema. Some fights were good, some (most of them) were not.

I know that it was not the Jaa's cut but i didnt like it... i dunno if i could have stood 3 hours of Jaa's action... xD

"Overall his movies are a refreshing take on the martial arts"

Actually, I think most people are turned off by that. I don't think most people are drawn to the martial arts. They like the fighting, bashing and falling. They liked OB but the more he doesn't repeat that, it seems people like his stuff less each time.

Each time out, he is getting more creative and introducing new set pieces and martial arts into his choreography from OB to OB3. People don't like period settings, unless it's something like FoL of IM. People don't like martial arts. Just talk of it, but execution more along the lines of kickboxing and stunts. Punches, kicks and falls. That's what the younger crowd wants. No weapons, no creativity. Don't like heros or strong stars. This is the Shia Lebouf, Toby Maguire hero generation.

It seems to me, that no one can ever be fully happy with Tony Jaa. I haven't seen the whole movie of Ong Bak 2, but of what I've seen it looks like his best efforts. Before people complained he was too repetivie. Now he comes in and mixes all these flashy, hardcore kung fu styles in a brilliant way and people still complain and say it's not original. I've been waiting about a year and a half for the region 1 release to come out and 3 days before I get it, this teaser comes out. Now the wait starts again. Atleast the teaser came out sort of fast and hopefully it won't take as long to come here because Ong Bak 3 looks amazing.

Yen and Li have done/are both doing the typical ancient warlord movie or the historical chinese hero movie.

Eh, a genre defines the distinguishes of its' style/content so the typicality goes just by that. The same thing goes to anything else being done in any other genre. You can do anything to make movies look different from others of one and same genre. Are we to believe that OB2 created a genre with that type of setting/look? OB2 is very different from other Thai action movies but it didn't start a new genre, it belongs in one that is already established.

Yes, few are able to duplicate Jaa's movies - run and jump ala Jackie Chan. Lately seen in Merentau. But the art of Muay Thai with Thai culture not Chinese which in my opinion is done to death. Name a movie either of them have done that Jaa is doing right now.

The buck stopped with Ong Bak 2/3 series. Jaa has set himself separate from the rest.

There's no doubt that Jaa is separating himself and making trends in Thai action cinema but there will be more to follow as trends there pop up. And it's gotta be said that he's not alone on that either. Not only is Hong Kong still up and going but so are other countries (Korea, Japan) as well.

I'm excited for this one. My only negative opinion is that I'm sick of the whole "elephant thing." I get it, swinging off tusks is cool but, dear lord, do we have to see it in every film?

Other than that, I'm geared up and ready for "Ong Bak 3."

Lionclaw - you hit the nail on the head. If this comes to be the most epic of martial arts movies, there will always be some who will argue it is the worse.

I know for one, if Jaa went lolipop with a comedy US produced film with poor editing, quick cuts, rap soundtrack, and super closeups of the action, people will still say the same thing - it sucks! But no, here we have top notch production, great cinematography, costume, set design, wide angle pulled back shots and there is STILL something to complain about. We could be complaining about alot more.

Spy Next Door anyone?

It seems to me, that no one can ever be fully happy with Tony Jaa. I haven't seen the whole movie of Ong Bak 2, but of what I've seen it looks like his best efforts. Before people complained he was too repetivie. Now he comes in and mixes all these flashy, hardcore kung fu styles in a brilliant way and people still complain and say it's not original. I've been waiting about a year and a half for the region 1 release to come out and 3 days before I get it, this teaser comes out. Now the wait starts again. Atleast the teaser came out sort of fast and hopefully it won't take as long to come here because Ong Bak 3 looks amazing.

Lionclaw - you hit the nail on the head. If this comes to be the most epic of martial arts movies, there will always be some who will argue it is the worse.

I know for one, if Jaa went lolipop with a comedy US produced film with poor editing, quick cuts, rap soundtrack, and super closeups of the action, people will still say the same thing - it sucks! But no, here we have top notch production, great cinematography, costume, set design, wide angle pulled back shots and there is STILL something to complain about. We could be complaining about alot more.

Spy Next Door anyone?

Lol. Tony Jaa making a lolipop US comedy would be a nightmare. Don't even get me starting with Spy Next Door. Jackie Chan basically sold his soul to the hollywood god instead of becoming a great director or choreograher like he could have been. And people really need to stop complaining and enjoy the movie for what is. At least Jaa actually put some time on a storyline for Ong Bak 2! It seems interesting enough for me. It's very rare to get a martial arts movie with both phoenominal action and story. In my opinion Tony Jaa gets better with each movie. I wonder how long though, he could keep this no wire or double thing going, though? I don't wanna jinx him, but he's bound to get injured seriously. For now we should enjoy him while we got him.

It kind of saddened me when people complained about the action in OB2, Jaa actually went and did something unique and different and people jumped all over him for it. Seems like people just want to see a bunch of brutal flying knees to the face as opposed to the variety of martial art styles he gave us in OB2. Jaa & Panna shot themselves in the foot with the ending of OB2 as well, i reckon the film would have got a far better critical reception had they actually come up with a proper ending. Trailer looks sick btw, im pumped for this.

allow me to elaborate a little more....

I like Jaa....I enjoyed Ong Bak 1 and I enjoyed the Protector more, and then Ong Bak 2 was a whole new level....

I seem to be backwards as most people dislike OB2 and LOOOOVE OB1 for some reason....its a dull storyline with a guy that does some stunts and throws knees and elbows...very stiff fights imo...action wasnt fluent enough for me...and the stunts were minor compared to what Jackie has done....OB2 is a great film! Story/choreography ect....looking forward to 3

"Overall his movies are a refreshing take on the martial arts"

Actually, I think most people are turned off by that. I don't think most people are drawn to the martial arts. They like the fighting, bashing and falling. They liked OB but the more he doesn't repeat that, it seems people like his stuff less each time.

Each time out, he is getting more creative and introducing new set pieces and martial arts into his choreography from OB to OB3. People don't like period settings, unless it's something like FoL of IM. People don't like martial arts. Just talk of it, but execution more along the lines of kickboxing and stunts. Punches, kicks and falls. That's what the younger crowd wants. No weapons, no creativity. Don't like heros or strong stars. This is the Shia Lebouf, Toby Maguire hero generation.

I m quite young indeed but i love old swordsman movies ,so it's not about "weapons,creativity,etc", it's just about Jaa and his concept of martial arts flick. I realize he's really good at what he does but i don't like it anyway.

You see, eventhough he (in OB2) tried a lot on mixing various martial arts style, he failed to me on showing them as he wanted to, i mean.. you can SEE the enemies (stuntmen) look at Jaa's kick and put their faces at it! or Jaa helping enemies to fall down in the right position... that was weird!! To me he tried too much, and the results was a mess. In old HK/TW/CHI flicks the stuntmen were different,sure they know where the fists went but it feels different... dunno what to say..

If Jaa keep making these flick OB style, i m gonna be really disapointed :ooh:

ps: sorry for any mistkaes but i just woke up ... :crossedlips:

Guest Yi-Long
allow me to elaborate a little more....

I like Jaa....I enjoyed Ong Bak 1 and I enjoyed the Protector more, and then Ong Bak 2 was a whole new level....

I seem to be backwards as most people dislike OB2 and LOOOOVE OB1 for some reason....its a dull storyline with a guy that does some stunts and throws knees and elbows...very stiff fights imo...action wasnt fluent enough for me...and the stunts were minor compared to what Jackie has done....OB2 is a great film! Story/choreography ect....looking forward to 3

Ong-Bak was Tony's first real starring role, and he pretty much changed the whole industry and set a new level. He showed amazing stuff pretty much no-one had seen on-screen before. Yeah, the movie was flawed, but Tony wasn't.

Yeah Jackie is a legend in his own right, but look at his first 10 movies orso. It took him a long while to become the Jackie we know, and even then, it wasn't his martial arts ability that made him stand out, but his comedy that won crowds over.

Action-wise, Tony Jaa already surpassed Jackie. Jaa is way more acrobatic and athletic than Jackie. Also, in Tom Yum Goong, Jaa showed just how varied and ambitious he can be. The movie stunk, but the action was fantastic.

I haven't seen Ong-Bak 2 yet, part because I'm not sure if the dutch release is uncut, part because I actually want to wait till part 3 is also out, and part because I'm lazy...

... but Tony is absolutely amazing.

Action-wise, Tony Jaa already surpassed Jackie. Jaa is way more acrobatic and athletic than Jackie. Also, in Tom Yum Goong, Jaa showed just how varied and ambitious he can be. The movie stunk, but the action was fantastic.

Yi-Long: I'm sorry to say but you're wrong here! Jackie is way more acrobatic and athletic than Jaa and don't get me wrong I love Jaa's movies. But Jackie has been doing stunts that nobody had seen before.

Now as far as Jaa's films go I don't know why a lot of you Guys aren't happy with his movies, yes some might not have a great storyline but the action in all his movies rock! Listen Jackie made some movies that I thought were garbage ex: "Rumble in the Bronx" Jaa's OB2 I thought was off the hook, I love period settings type movies. And OB2 was very original, I'm looking forward to OB3. I will agree with the fighting around the elephants need to give that up already, but hey his action is top notch! And in OB2 he was using an array of different weapons which was my favorite part. So I think he will just get better as time goes by.

Archived