Seven Swords Dragon Dynasty blu-ray

OldPangYau

Hey, after finding out about the Vivendi/Dragon Dynasty release of The Return of The One Armed Swordsman coming out in May (thanks to DeathFuMaster), I did some mini-research to see if any other Dragon Dynasty titles might be around the corner. And this is what I found:

Dragon Dynasty blu-ray of Seven Swords for pre-order

Looks like since Vivendi took over, they're getting serious with the blu-rays. Four blu-rays across three months (36th Chamber and The Killer in March, The Protector/Tom Yum Goong in April, and Seven Swords in May) isn't a bad start. However, I guess we still need to see their first blu-ray release before we get too joyous.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops, sorry, in my subconscious it was New One Armed Swordsman I was looking forward to more :tongue:

Meanwhile, with all of the officially and unofficially announced Dragon Dynasty DVDs and blu-rays, I ended up rennovating the Wikipedia page for their list of releases... thankfully I had already properly listed Return of the One Armed Swordsman and not New One Armed Swordsman :wink:

Did not know about this - thanks! The HK blu-ray is supposed to be gorgeous (been putting off buying it because it is so expensive), so hopefully Dragon Dynasty's disc will be comparable.

Also this may be older or never released like Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin, but I found a pre order for SHAOLIN TEMPLE from Dragon Dynasty as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Shaolin-Temple-Jet-Li/dp/B002FOFX92/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264957654&sr=1-21

Yeah, it has no release date and lists Dragon Dynasty instead of Vivendi, so it's probably still missing in action :sad: Although I could've sworn that they were getting serious about releasing Shaolin Temple.

Did not know about this - thanks! The HK blu-ray is supposed to be gorgeous (been putting off buying it because it is so expensive), so hopefully Dragon Dynasty's disc will be comparable.

For all we know, they might use an existing blu-ray transfer... but if it's a gorgeous transfer, I won't mind :tongue:

I'm guessing that their titles that've received blu-ray transfers in other countries might be eligible for US blu-rays as well. This would include SPL, the Infernal Affairs Trilogy, PTU, Flash Point, Protege, An Empress and The Warriors and a Battle of Wits/Warriors.

Well, for the hell of it, I decided to make a rough concept blu-ray cover for Seven Swords:

SevenSwordsFakeBRCover.jpg

I even made one for The Protector/Tom Yum Goong as well:

ProtectorFakeBRCover.jpg

I saw Seven Swords here at Fry's for $47.00!!!! This weekend!

:ooh:

It looks like Vivendi means business with their blu-ray prices for their Dragon Dynasty releases, as all of them seem to retail for $19.99 according to Amazon. The Amazon prices are roughly $14 each, which isn't bad at all. Wonder how low they'll be at Best Buy, or if they'll still be $19.99

EDIT: They're showing 36th Chamber of Shaolin on blu-ray for $15 at bestbuy.com, so I guess Seven Swords might be the same.

Kennedy Il Sung

I'll definetly buy the new realeses on Blu since they are coming out at $20. I'm glad DD is going to start to put out titles again, I just hope the new releases contain more special features than the last few titles.

I'll definetly buy the new realeses on Blu since they are coming out at $20. I'm glad DD is going to start to put out titles again, I just hope the new releases contain more special features than the last few titles.

That's the one thing I'm concerned about. With more "prestigious" films like The Killer, it seems like they're going for the extras. After what they did with Five Deadly Venoms, a film that SHOULD have had a good deal of extras (at least the trailer!), I don't have a great deal of faith in the extras for Return to the 36th Chamber. As long as the video/audio/subtitles are good, I'll be happy... for the most part :angel:

DeathFuMaster
That's the one thing I'm concerned about. With more "prestigious" films like The Killer, it seems like they're going for the extras. After what they did with Five Deadly Venoms, a film that SHOULD have had a good deal of extras (at least the trailer!), I don't have a great deal of faith in the extras for Return to the 36th Chamber. As long as the video/audio/subtitles are good, I'll be happy... for the most part :angel:

It would be good to see some good extras. A lot of the stuff they crammed on their 2 disc Ultimate Editions was garbage. Extras are nice because they are free, but one can only hope they would be worth the time spent watching them.

Agreed the quality of the video and audio is what I'm looking for from DD on their older SHAW BROS releases. That being said I would like more old school trailers like they did on their first SHAW releases.

A lot of the extras on earlier DD releases were basically just recycled from the Hong Kong (Media Asia) discs. With old-school stuff like Return to the 36th Chamber, I don't expect much in the way of extras.

Guest WuxiaFan
Neil Koch, I don't know why, but I'm hypnotized by your avatar!

:27:

DITTO!

:yociexpress06:

oh yeah - I have the 3-Disc Complete Edition of SEVEN SWORDS, so don't care about the BR.

Archived