Fight Dragon TV series coming to DVD!

kungfusamurai

kungfusamurai

Even though this TV series was a Japanese production from 1974, it featured a lot of guest stars from HK cinema since Yasuaki Kurata had made many contacts (and I'm guessing friends) during the years he worked in the HK film industry.

I've only seen the edited movie version of the TV series, but the fight scenes look great. Not the Chiba Streetfighter style choreography, I'd say it's more like the HK style of fighting. Perhaps Kurata also brought over choreographers to do the show.

The 3 disc set is SRPing for $15 on Amazon, and will be released March 23rd. For 13 hours, not a bad deal. It'll be Japanese with eng subs.

czp1XBv4dHE

KFS

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've just made my year, kfs! The price is more than reasonable in my opinion, and I'm definitely going to pre-order.

By the way, have you heard anything about Kurata's new film Juujutsu? I wonder if it's worth it to order without subs. The release date is not until February 19th.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/juujutsu/1021889041-0-0-0-en/info.html

• Administrator

I've got this without subs, and it's very cool! :bigsmile: Kurata fights Bolo, Bruce Liang, and a bunch of other great opponents. The episodes are really action heavy, without a lot of filler nonsense. And Kungfusamurai is correct- the fighting is more like HK stuff. Bruce Liang and Kurata have a Hell of a fight-in the first episode no less- loaded with impressive kicking. Especially since they're teetering on massive 70's style platform shoes! :xd:

Can't believe this is coming out subbed. I'm am psyched! :nerd:

It was originally supposed to be released in January 2009,but that studio (i dont remember it) run out of business. Good that Mill Creek Entertainment got the rights to it and releases it. I will pre-order it.

________

Big Tits Round

Even though this TV series was a Japanese production from 1974, it featured a lot of guest stars from HK cinema since Yasuaki Kurata had made many contacts (and I'm guessing friends) during the years he worked in the HK film industry.

I've only seen the edited movie version of the TV series, but the fight scenes look great. Not the Chiba Streetfighter style choreography, I'd say it's more like the HK style of fighting. Perhaps Kurata also brought over choreographers to do the show.

The 3 disc set is SRPing for $15 on Amazon, and will be released March 23rd. For 13 hours, not a bad deal. It'll be Japanese with eng subs.

czp1XBv4dHE

KFS

That looks awesome

kungfusamurai

I have to give credit to Chanbara, who kept an eye out for it and spotted it on Amazon for pre-order. I have pretty much given up hope that this would turn up, after Navarre dropped their BCI asian action film line.

Now if they could put out some episodes of G Men 75! :)

KFS

All that I can say is.........oh hell yeah!

I've not seen this yet, and for the bargain bucket price, then i'll be on this like the proverbial fly on .... :xd:

From how it sounds, there are plenty of cool fights and cool characters, so it sounds like this is gonna be really enjoyable.

Thanks for the information, I might order this soon

By the way, have you heard anything about Kurata's new film Juujutsu? I wonder if it's worth it to order without subs. The release date is not until February 19th.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/juujutsu/1021889041-0-0-0-en/info.html

I haven't heard about that film, thanks; have you also heard about this release?

http://www.yesasia.com/us/yasuaki-kurata-no-kung-fu-daisakusen-dvd-japan-version/1021655581-0-0-0-en/info.html

Title: Yasuaki Kurata no "Kung-fu Daisakusen" (DVD) (Japan Version)

The translation was "The Battle of Kung Fu"

It was available for sale from January 20, 2010. Is it a new film, or a new release of an old film?

kungfusamurai

http://www.yesasia.com/us/yasuaki-kurata-no-kung-fu-daisakusen-dvd-japan-version/1021655581-0-0-0-en/info.html

Title: Yasuaki Kurata no "Kung-fu Daisakusen" (DVD) (Japan Version)

The translation was "The Battle of Kung Fu"

It was available for sale from January 20, 2010. Is it a new film, or a new release of an old film?

I plugged the description into babelfish, and it spit out the actors names Tadashi Yamashita and Tony Poon, so I'm guessing it's Magnificent 3.

PSus6XPGiNU

KFS

If you haven't seen The Magnificent 3, I highly recommend it. I ordered the Vengeance release from Amazon UK a while back.

Here's the link:http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Magnificent-3-DVD/dp/B000HXDS54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1265697596&sr=1-1

I've decided to order Juujutsu (my original link), and try to find someone to sub it. From reading the rather choppy online translation, it sounds like a decent film (good premise). The action is also done by Kurata Promotion, which I assume are his stunt guys from the KAC.

Thanks for the recommendation, I've been thinking about that one.

I'm also thinking about Juujutsu.. I've never really got to buying DVDs without subtitles, mainly for financial reasons, even though it has restricted alot of choices for me..

So excited for FIGHT! DRAGON to be released on DVD!! As I mentioned in another thread the cover art truly sucks, but hey that will give me a chance to work on making my own custom DVD covers!!

Karata is totally awesome I too have the un-subbed DVD set of this series and I have watched over half of it and as Kung Fu Bob wrote it's really action heavy and what's on display is totally awesome!!

Guest WuxiaFan
So excited for FIGHT! DRAGON to be released on DVD!! As I mentioned in another thread the cover art truly sucks, but hey that will give me a chance to work on making my own custom DVD covers!!

Hey Bob - start getting that custom art work ready me and gorhama!

:yociexp67:

• Administrator
If you haven't seen The Magnificent 3, I highly recommend it. I ordered the Vengeance release from Amazon UK a while back.

Here's the link:http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Magnificent-3-DVD/dp/B000HXDS54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1265697596&sr=1-1

I've decided to order Juujutsu (my original link), and try to find someone to sub it. From reading the rather choppy online translation, it sounds like a decent film (good premise). The action is also done by Kurata Promotion, which I assume are his stunt guys from the KAC.

Yes, THE MAGNIFICENT 3 is great fun and filled with outrageous action. Yamashita uses two big paint brushes attached by string as a nunchaku and demolishes a bunch of guys!

So does that mean that this is coming out as a remastered DVD then? Even without subs it would be awesome to see it in widescreen. :nerd:

Thanks for the recommendation, I've been thinking about that one.

I'm also thinking about Juujutsu.. I've never really got to buying DVDs without subtitles, mainly for financial reasons, even though it has restricted alot of choices for me..

Hey guys, please let us know if JUUJUTSU is good, okay? Oh, and another spelling for this great martial art?! I believe the standard spelling is: juijitsu. And my sensei uses the old school spelling: jujutstu. Now we've got it with: juujutsu?:smile:

Hey Bob - start getting that custom art work ready me and gorhama!

:yociexp67:

I've already created cover art for FIGHT! DRAGON, I just don't have a scanner or I'd share it on here with anybody who's interested. If I get one, I will add it, and all my other custom covers to the awesome cover gallery over at www.shaolinchamber36.com .

Hmmm...ditto!!! Bob makes some awesome covers!!

Thanks Bro! :bigsmile:

Here's a link to the Ju-Jitu (yet another spelling!) trailer:

Trailer looks great, but I must point out that Ju-Jitu might be a misromanization. "tu" doesn't exist in the Japanese alphabet, it's often written instead of the correct "tsu". I'm probably mistaken though, and it could be another correct way.

Archived