Kage No Gundan IV Observation

kungfusamurai

kungfusamurai

Nothing huge. When I was scanning through some DVDs I bought of this show, I was very disappointed when I hit the first preview for the next episode. There was no foley!!! Because I hadn't sat through the previous episode, I thought 'crap...is this how they recorded the series'? I mean, you could see swords hitting, but it sounded like wood sticks slapping, and when people were getting sliced, there was no sound at all! Then I decided to scan into that next episode, and thankfully all those clanging and slicing flesh sound effects were in there.

I scanned through all of the episodes and for every preview there was no added sound effects to the images. I would have thought that the previews would have been edited from the completed versions of the episodes, sound effects and all.

Really odd, but disappointing at the same time, because it kind of takes a bit of the magic and excitement out of some of the fight scenes knowing how much enhancement to the audio is required.

KFS

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
odioustrident

How are seasons IV and V when compared to the others? I've seen I and III and thought III was much more entertaining actionwise and sometimes plotwise. Are the last seasons more of the same? I'm looking for memorable action scenes with memorable characters, the stories are often rehashed season to season I noticed.

Archived