THUNDERBOLT [Angela Mao, 1973]

Guest WuxiaFan

Guest WuxiaFan

Fortune Star's Legendary Collection released another Angela Mao classic, THUNDERBOLT (1973) back last Sept 2009. :bigsmile:

DDDHouse.com has the DVD release in their catalog:

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=6987

As I've stated in other threads, I'm very happy with Fortune Star's Legendary Collection DVD releases. Their transfers are generally very good, along with their audio tracks and English subtitles. If any Forum member has this DVD, like THE DRAGON, please feel free to comment on the DVD, and of course, how "Mrs. The Dragon", Angela Mao is in this movie!

:yociexp100:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Saw this last night via YouTube.

Fantastic. I was surprised to see that Chen Kuan Tai was the fight choreographer also that he had only a brief role as a villain.

Also seeing Jason Piao Piao as a villain in an early Golden Harvest .swordplay was a hoot.

The action under Mr. Tai's direction was as raw and exciting as any swordplay movie I have ever seen.

And of course Angela Mao and James Tien as the main heroes were as good as ever.

Then our main villain the great Roc Tien AKA Pai Ying was as superb as ever. I really prefer Pai Ying as a villain. He seemed to have quite a few of these roles in those early day's at Golden Harvest.

The YouTube print was exquisite considering how rare this flix is

Highly recommended.

GD Y-Y:bigsmile:

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Looks good! Didn't know Roc Tien and Pai Ying where the same person!

I am not really sure about this. Maybe someone can clarify.

GD Y-Y

Looks good! Didn't know Roc Tien and Pai Ying where the same person!

Different guys.

pai_ying.jpg

Pai Ying

roc_tien.jpg

Roc Tien (aka Tien Peng)

Pai Ying was considered for the role of Han, in ENTER THE DRAGON. He was quickly dismissed after pricing himself out of the production.:ooh:

This movie is classic GH early 70's Wu Xia.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Pai Ying as Han would have made ETD ten times better! Then maybe the end fight wouldn't have been so pathetically one sided.

Have not seen this one yet. Checked the "ol' library" here at home and I don't have it in stock (gasp!!).

Will to have to pick this one up eventually. Thanks for the recommendation guys....

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Different guys.

pai_ying.jpg

Pai Ying

roc_tien.jpg

Roc Tien (aka Tien Peng)

Thanks Gaijin84: OF COURSE, DAH, LOL.!

Now what if Pai Ying was Han in ETD. Oh Yeah! Micky would have liked THAT better. :wink:!

GD Y-Y

TibetanWhiteCrane

Which also seemed quite unbelievable.....

He just didn't work for me at all. But few things in that movie did.

Guest Markgway
But totally weak in the action department!

Maybe, but in how many Bond movies is the main villain the best fighter? Usually its the burly henchman, right? To me it's more important that the actor is right for the part rather than who's the best fighter. If Bruce needed a more competitive end fight then he should've fought Bolo. Shek Kin is spot on.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yes, he should've fought Bolo instead, hence the "weak in the action departmant" comment. But he WAS a fighting villain, and it just didn't work for me.

Archived