Animeigo announces next batch of releases!!!!

gonzotheking

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
waywardsage

The just posted 13 Assassins for sale! It seems like an advance of release sale since it's $19. I got hosed on Sword of Desperation last time. So I'm going to wait till it drops down to $13 like last time.

So, the recent release of the dubbed Shogun Assassin series is on two BDs. It costs about 50 dollars on amazon.com, and 70(!) dollars on amazon.ca. Insert rage about arbitrary inflated prices here.

But more importantly, to me anyway, is the craziness of putting what, four movies, on a single BD50. That's pushing it. If the review on Bluray.com is to be considered, the results are overall pleasant, however not comparable to the presentation of Shogun Assassin on Blu.

Here I was, thinking Animeigo were getting back on the horse with one of their flagship releases, only to encounter new and exciting forms of bullshit. I hope that Animeigo will at least afford three BDs for the coming LW&C set. It's one thing to be gouged for niche films, but the sort of business model where I pay top dollar for "well, it IS better..." really extinguishes the enthusiasm I've had since their first Blu-ray. I mean, sure, if it's better I'll buy it, but I'll be quicker to nab Blu-rays that can justify being expensive.

Archived